The Districtwide Educational Improvement Council (DWEIC) is a committee of parents, business and community members, teachers, principals, and other district staff who advise the Board in establishing and reviewing the District’s...Read More
The School Health Advisory Committee, made up of school personnel, community members and parents, recommends a coordinated health program for elementary and middle school students. Leander ISD is committed to having a safe and...Read More
¡Bienvenidos! Welcome to the new school year! Volunteers are needed to make this program a success. Please consider volunteering for this very rewarding program. Training is provided for all volunteers interested. The purpose of...Read More
In partnership with Community Action Inc.’s (CAI) Adult Education Program, LISD provides High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation in both English and Spanish, as well as English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. 2021-22...Read More
Budget Information 2022-23 Budget Information Notice of Public Meeting – Budget Hearing June 23, 2022Comparison of Proposed Budget to Prior YearPresentation of Proposed Budget for 2022-23Adopted Budget 2022-23 2021-22...Read More
District Committee Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now open! We are looking for the following representatives to serve on our District Committees: parents, community members, staff members and secondary students...Read More
The Gold Card is free to Leander ISD residents who are 65 years of age or older. Membership benefits include the following: Free admission to most Leander ISD fine arts events such as plays, musicals and concerts in all district...Read More
- Board Briefs: August 4, 2022 August 5, 2022During it's Aug. 4 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees discussed COVID protocols, staffing, campus safety, Early College High School, and school finance.
- Dates Set for Class of 2023 Graduation August 5, 2022Leander ISD will salute the graduating Class of 2023 at the HEB Center on May 26 and 27.
- Early College High School opens as newest School of Choice in LISD August 4, 2022Early College High School (ECHS) joins New Hope High School and the Virtual Learning Academy as the newest School of Choice offering in Leander ISD. The school is an open enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn an associate’s degree (up to 60 hours or two years of college […]
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]