The Assessment and Accountability department serves in various capacities for the district, facilitating all state assessment processes including STAAR (all versions), TAKS and TELPAS; collecting, analyzing and reporting a...
Category: Assessment & Accountability
Assessment and Accountability
The Assessment and Accountability department serves in various capacities for the district, facilitating all state assessment processes including STAAR (all versions), TAKS and TELPAS; collecting, analyzing and reporting a variety of data for district and campus leadership that support and guide district and campus planning; and monitoring compliance with state and federal accountability and reports accountability results.
Parent resources regarding state assessment may be viewed at www.texasassessment.com (opens in a new window).
The State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) program includes the following tests:
- Reading: Grades 3-8
- Writing: Grades 4 and 7
- Mathematics: Grades 3-8
- Science: Grades 5 and 8
- Social Studies: Grade 8
- High School End-of-Course (EOC) exams: English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology and U.S. History
2019-20 LISD State Testing Calendars
The Student Success Initiative (SSI) purpose is to ensure that every student makes the academic progress necessary to show a sufficient understanding of the knowledge and skills taught and tested at each grade level.
The SSI requires that grade 5 and grade 8 students meet the passing standards on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) tests in mathematics and reading before they can be promoted to the next grade.
- LISD Teams Compete at DI Globals; VHS Team 1 Wins Engineering Challenge August 15, 2022Vandegrift High School Destination Imagination (DI) Team 1 placed first in their category – the “Roll With It” engineering challenge – at the 2022 DI Global Competition in Kansas City at the end of May. Vandegrift HS DI Team 1 was one of six LISD teams to compete in the DI Global Finals. Their challenge […]
- Laces for Leander Holds Annual Shoe Drive for LISD Students August 12, 2022On Aug. 3, teams from four Leander ISD football teams participated in a competition to "Stuff the Truck" at Toyota Cedar Park.
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]