The Assessment and Accountability department serves in various capacities for the district, facilitating all state assessment processes including STAAR (all versions), TAKS and TELPAS; collecting, analyzing and reporting a...
Category: Assessment & Accountability
Assessment and Accountability
The Assessment and Accountability department serves in various capacities for the district, facilitating all state assessment processes including STAAR (all versions), TAKS and TELPAS; collecting, analyzing and reporting a variety of data for district and campus leadership that support and guide district and campus planning; and monitoring compliance with state and federal accountability and reports accountability results.
Parent resources regarding state assessment may be viewed at www.texasassessment.com (opens in a new window).
The State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) program includes the following tests:
- Reading: Grades 3-8
- Writing: Grades 4 and 7
- Mathematics: Grades 3-8
- Science: Grades 5 and 8
- Social Studies: Grade 8
- High School End-of-Course (EOC) exams: English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology and U.S. History
2019-20 LISD State Testing Calendars
The Student Success Initiative (SSI) purpose is to ensure that every student makes the academic progress necessary to show a sufficient understanding of the knowledge and skills taught and tested at each grade level.
The SSI requires that grade 5 and grade 8 students meet the passing standards on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) tests in mathematics and reading before they can be promoted to the next grade.
- Tickets available for live performance, Festival of Bands 2021 September 21, 2021Leander ISD is presenting the Festival of Bands on Monday, Sept 27, featuring performances from Cedar Park, Glenn, Leander, Rouse, Vandegrift, and Vista Ridge High Schools, along with all feeder middle schools. Performances will take place at Gupton Stadium, 200 Gupton Way, Cedar Park 78613 beginning at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are available online at http://leanderisdfinearts.ludus.com/.* *Admission […]
- Leander ISD Debt Rating Upgraded to “AA” by Fitch Ratings September 17, 2021Leander ISD received a bond rating upgrade from another major bond rating agency, marking the second time in the past five years that the district’s bond rating has been upgraded.
- Experience this year’s Choral Showcase in-person or virtually September 16, 2021The high school choir programs from Cedar Park, Glenn, Leander, Rouse, Vandegrift, and Vista Ridge are excited to announce the 2021 Choral Showcase. The LISD Choral Showcase will be held Monday, Sept. 20 at the Cedar Park High School’s – South PAC, beginning at 7 p.m. We have a hybrid viewing option, to meet the […]
- English Language Arts: Middle & High School Instructional Materials September 14, 2021The purpose of this site is to offer transparency for our Leander ISD community regarding the instructional materials utilized in Secondary ELA classrooms. What Grows Readers? Reading Wellness: The act of building the dispositions, attitudes and skills of reading so that we are all our best reading selves, empowered to think, act, and find joy […]
- ESSER III Plan August 11, 2021The American Rescue Plan signed into law in March by President Joe Biden included $122 billion in Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funds for school districts across the country, which is the single largest investment in federal elementary and secondary education in the nation’s history. Leander ISD will utilize these funds to accelerate […]
- Remote Learning Program (RLP) August 9, 2021Leander ISD is funding a Remote Learning Program for 300 participants PK-12 for the 2021-2022 school year. On August 13, 2021, the Board of Trustees approved opening the program for nine weeks to students K-6 who were on the waitlist for the remote learning program. Frequently Asked Questions: High School families