The Assessment and Accountability department serves in various capacities for the district, facilitating all state assessment processes including STAAR (all versions), TAKS and TELPAS; collecting, analyzing and reporting a...
Category: Assessment & Accountability
Assessment and Accountability
The Assessment and Accountability department serves in various capacities for the district, facilitating all state assessment processes including STAAR (all versions), TAKS and TELPAS; collecting, analyzing and reporting a variety of data for district and campus leadership that support and guide district and campus planning; and monitoring compliance with state and federal accountability and reports accountability results.
Parent resources regarding state assessment may be viewed at www.texasassessment.com (opens in a new window).
The State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) program includes the following tests:
- Reading: Grades 3-8
- Writing: Grades 4 and 7
- Mathematics: Grades 3-8
- Science: Grades 5 and 8
- Social Studies: Grade 8
- High School End-of-Course (EOC) exams: English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology and U.S. History
2019-20 LISD State Testing Calendars
The Student Success Initiative (SSI) purpose is to ensure that every student makes the academic progress necessary to show a sufficient understanding of the knowledge and skills taught and tested at each grade level.
The SSI requires that grade 5 and grade 8 students meet the passing standards on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) tests in mathematics and reading before they can be promoted to the next grade.
- Leander ISD Joins Coalition of School Districts in A-F Accountability Lawsuit September 22, 2023Leander ISD joins dozens of Texas school districts in a lawsuit against the Texas Education Agency regarding its A-F Accountability System.
- All Six #1LISD High Schools Perform at Choral Showcase September 19, 2023From Bollywood tunes to choral classics to Mr. Brightside, the 2023 Choral Showcase performance was one to remember.
- Leander ISD Celebrates Campus Technologist Appreciation Week September 18, 2023From September 18–22, Leander ISD is celebrating Campus Tech Appreciation Week alongside National IT Professionals Week.
- HR Support May 5, 2023Submit HR Help Ticket Submit HR Help Ticket Contact Human Resources Contact Human Resources: 512-570-0100For employment verifications, please reach out to our third party, Verifent. Leander ISD’s organization Code is E3411C. http://www.verifent.com/ For Student Loan Forgiveness, please email [email protected] Organizational Chart For a districtwide staff listing, visit the Staff Directory page. Resources from Incident IQ REQUESTORS:
- Guidelines for Assisting Students with the Costs of Fine Arts Participation November 2, 2022Philosophy Statement LISD desires that no student is to be denied the opportunity to participate in a fine arts organization due to their family’s socio-economic situation. History of the Program The program was established in the 2006–2007 school year and was intended to provide assistance for LISD students in performing arts and cheer organizations. The […]
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. English Presentation Spanish Presentation Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the […]