View page in English Preguntas y respuestas sobre los servicios del programa de Lenguaje Dual en 6º y 7º grados 2022/23 Para más información sobre cada escuela visite la página web de Danielson MS o Henry MS. ¿Por qué mi...Read More
Category: Global Cultures & Languages
Léelo en español aquí Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About 2022-23 Dual Language Services in 6th & 7th Grades For more information on each school visit the Danielson MS website or Henry MS website Why is...Read More
¡Bienvenidos! Welcome to the new school year! Volunteers are needed to make this program a success. Please consider volunteering for this very rewarding program. Training is provided for all volunteers interested. The purpose of...Read More
The Leander ISD World Languages Department (LOTE) promotes the study of both modern and ancient languages and cultures, and communication for today’s multilingual, and multicultural world. We provide students with a solid...Read More
In partnership with Community Action Inc.’s (CAI) Adult Education Program, LISD provides High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation in both English and Spanish, as well as English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. 2021-22...Read More
The Leander ISD Global Languages and Cultures Department is committed to the academic success for all students through culturally responsive practices and collaboration between home, school and community, leading to enriched...Read More
The Global Languages and Cultures Department from Leander ISD offers this page as a support for multilingual families to find common educational resources in different languages. Some of our resources are created in-house by...Read More
Eduphoria Helpdesk is open to receive any request for language mediation: translation of campus and district documents, Sped translation requests or language interpretation for meetings, communication needs with families –...Read More
COVID-19: Translation and Interpretation Support Services Overview Leander ISD is a fast-growing, multicultural school district in Central Texas. Our diverse population reflects many languages and cultures. Translation Services...Read More
Goals of ESL The goal of the ESL program is to develop English language proficiency using second language methodology through explicit instruction in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in all academic areas. Description...Read More
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Board Briefs: August 4, 2022 August 5, 2022During it's Aug. 4 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees discussed COVID protocols, staffing, campus safety, Early College High School, and school finance.
- Dates Set for Class of 2023 Graduation August 5, 2022Leander ISD will salute the graduating Class of 2023 at the HEB Center on May 26 and 27.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]