The Districtwide Educational Improvement Council (DWEIC) is a committee of parents, business and community members, teachers, principals, and other district staff who advise the Board in establishing and reviewing the District’s...Read More
The Bond Oversight Committee (BOC) is an administrative committee of 25 community members. The BOC reviews the status of capital projects, bond expenditures, project schedules and the timelines of bond projects. Committee...Read More
Details and Actions Steps for Community Concern Regarding High School English Language Arts Instructional Materials The Community Curriculum Advisory Committee (CCAC) is a group of LISD parents, teachers, principals, students,...Read More
The School Health Advisory Committee, made up of school personnel, community members and parents, recommends a coordinated health program for elementary and middle school students. Leander ISD is committed to having a safe and...Read More
District Committee Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are now open! We are looking for the following representatives to serve on our District Committees: parents, community members, staff members and secondary students...Read More
- LISD Teams Compete at DI Globals; VHS Team 1 Wins Engineering Challenge August 15, 2022Vandegrift High School Destination Imagination (DI) Team 1 placed first in their category – the “Roll With It” engineering challenge – at the 2022 DI Global Competition in Kansas City at the end of May. Vandegrift HS DI Team 1 was one of six LISD teams to compete in the DI Global Finals. Their challenge […]
- Laces for Leander Holds Annual Shoe Drive for LISD Students August 12, 2022On Aug. 3, teams from four Leander ISD football teams participated in a competition to "Stuff the Truck" at Toyota Cedar Park.
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]