Philosophy Statement LISD desires that no student is to be denied the opportunity to participate in a fine arts organization due to their family’s socio-economic situation. History of the Program The program was...Read More
Category: Fine Arts
There’s no shortage of interest in starting an orchestra program in Leander ISD. The district’s award-winning fine arts programs are routinely among the best in the state and nation, and interest in orchestra is to be expected....Read More
The Gold Card is free to Leander ISD residents who are 65 years of age or older. Membership benefits include the following: Free admission to most Leander ISD fine arts events such as plays, musicals and concerts in all district...Read More
- Adult Education
- Citizens’ Facility Advisory Committee (CFAC)
- District-wide Educational Improvement Council (DWEIC)
- Facility Rentals
- Financial Transparency
- Gold Card for Senior Citizens
- Listening Leaders
- Long-Range Planning Committee (LRPC)
- School Health Advisory Committee (SHAC)
- School Safety and Security Committee
- Strategic Plan
- Volunteer Spanish Language Program
- Parent-Teacher-Student Group Guidelines November 8, 2020While the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), and Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) are independent organizations, to work with Leander ISD (LISD) campuses and the district, these organizations should operate and function in a way that is consistent with the district’s philosophy and objectives, within adopted LISD board policies, and by following […]
- Single Foundation Discussion March 13, 2019Background Two educational foundations support Leander ISD schools and students through non-profit organizations: the Leander ISD Educational Excellence (LEEF) and the Viper National Education Foundation (VNEF). In the fall of 2017, a group approached the administration regarding the formation of a third non-profit foundation to support schools in Cedar Park. That prompted the district to […]
- Gold Card for Senior Citizens May 15, 2018The Gold Card is free to Leander ISD residents who are 65 years of age or older. Membership benefits include the following: For more information or to get your Gold Card, contact the Leander ISD Administration Office at 512-570-0000.
- Applications Open for Leadership LISD Class of 2024 July 12, 2023Applications for the Leadership LISD Class of 2024 are now open for community members interested in learning more about Leander ISD directly from district leaders and through the hands-on participation offered in this nine-month program.
- LISD’s District Advisory Committee Application Window is Now Open June 15, 2023Leander ISD invites our community to support our students and teachers by volunteering on a district-wide or campus-based committee.
- Board Briefs: April 13, 2023 April 14, 2023During its April 13 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees agenda included: * Spotlight on Learning: Faubion ES * Review of Bond Oversight Committee Process & Membership * Amended 2023–24 Budget Assumptions & Parameters and Update on Budget Development Process * Approved Instructional Materials for 4 Courses * Approved 2023–24 Hazardous Routes Recommendations