The purpose of this site is to offer transparency for our Leander ISD community regarding the...Read More
LISD high school programs incorporate passions into college and occupational skills needed in the work force. With a positive environment, students can experience community and be challenged academically to achieve the highest...Read More
Generally, more challenge is better than less. We encourage all students to participate in Advanced Placement (AP) and/or the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) based on their individual...Read More
2022–23 Course Catalog High School 2022–23 High School Course Catalog: English2022–23 High School Course Catalog: Spanish2022–23 Programs of Study Middle School 2022–23 Middle School Course Catalog: English2022–23 Middle School...Read More
Leander ISD implements two aspects of International Baccalaureate: Primary Years Programme for students at the elementary school level. In LISD, the Primary Years Programme (or PYP) is at Grandview Hills Elementary and...Read More
In Leander ISD, students in Grades 7–9 are taught Human Sexuality Curriculum through presentations by LifeGuard, an independent organization. LISD believes that sexuality education begins at home. Parents or legal...Read More
Leander ISD is committed to helping all students plan for a bright and promising future. Our district prides itself on providing an academically rigorous and challenging program for all students. Ours is a college-going culture,...Read More
The purpose of health and physical education is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to develop and maintain personal health, lifetime fitness and recreational enjoyment. The development of physical skills,...Read More
- 2023-24 Academic Calendar Feedback December 2, 2022It is time to plan and develop next year's 2023-24 academic calendar.
- Newly Elected Board Members Take Oath of Office; Board Approves Officer Reorganization December 2, 2022At the special Leander ISD Board meeting Dec. 1, three newly elected Trustees – Sade Fashokun in Place 5, Francesca Romans in Place 6 and Paul Gauthier in Place 7 – took the oath of office.
- The Compass: Nov. 30, 2022 November 30, 2022We hope you enjoyed a restful break and time spent with family! This issue of The Compass includes * stand-out performances from high school marching bands; * cross country runners excelling at the state meet; * information on how to become a mentor and make a difference in #1LISD; * and much, much more.
- Guidelines for Assisting Students with the Costs of Fine Arts Participation November 2, 2022Philosophy Statement LISD desires that no student is to be denied the opportunity to participate in a fine arts organization due to their family’s socio-economic situation. History of the Program The program was established in the 2006–2007 school year and was intended to provide assistance for LISD students in performing arts and cheer organizations. The […]
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]