The purpose of this site is to offer transparency for our Leander ISD community regarding the...Read More
LISD high school programs incorporate passions into college and occupational skills needed in the work force. With a positive environment, students can experience community and be challenged academically to achieve the highest...Read More
Generally, more challenge is better than less. We encourage all students to participate in Advanced Placement (AP) and/or the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) based on their individual learning needs and...Read More
2022–23 Course Catalog High School 2022–23 High School Course Catalog: English2022–23 High School Course Catalog: Spanish2022–23 Programs of Study Middle School 2022–23 Middle School Course Catalog: English2022–23 Middle School...Read More
Leander ISD implements two aspects of International Baccalaureate: Primary Years Programme for students at the elementary school level. In LISD, the Primary Years Programme (or PYP) is at Grandview Hills Elementary and...Read More
In Leander ISD, students in Grades 7–9 are taught Human Sexuality Curriculum through presentations by LifeGuard, an independent organization. LISD believes that sexuality education begins at home. Parents or legal...Read More
Leander ISD is committed to helping all students plan for a bright and promising future. Our district prides itself on providing an academically rigorous and challenging program for all students. Ours is a college-going culture,...Read More
The purpose of health and physical education is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to develop and maintain personal health, lifetime fitness and recreational enjoyment. The development of physical skills,...Read More
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Board Briefs: August 4, 2022 August 5, 2022During it's Aug. 4 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees discussed COVID protocols, staffing, campus safety, Early College High School, and school finance.
- Dates Set for Class of 2023 Graduation August 5, 2022Leander ISD will salute the graduating Class of 2023 at the HEB Center on May 26 and 27.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]