The Texas State Board of Education requires school districts to offer Examinations for Acceleration (EA) at every grade level and for every subject area offered in grades K–12. LISD uses tests from the University of Texas High...Read More
Category: Gifted & Advanced Programs
Generally, more challenge is better than less. We encourage all students to participate in Advanced Placement (AP) and/or the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) based on their individual...Read More
Exam for Acceleration According to Texas State Board of Education rules, school districts must offer Examinations for Acceleration (EA) at every grade level and for every subject area offered in grades K-12. To help schools...Read More
PACE Math The PACE math program is offered to currently enrolled 5th grade students. It provides opportunities for students to challenge their thinking by delving deeper into concepts, enriching and extending their mathematical...Read More
Mission: AVID’s mission is to close the opportunity gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society. AVID is implemented in more than 7,500 schools in 47 states across the U.S., plus schools...Read More
Advanced academic programs are a high priority in Leander ISD, with a goal of challenging each and every child to learn to their maximum ability. LISD works diligently to develop and coordinate a full range of academic programs...Read More
LISD PACE (Programs for Advancement, Challenge, and Enrichment) Language Arts is a program for students in Leander ISD who are advanced learners in the areas of reading and writing. The goal is to provide instruction to continue...Read More
Students enrolled in fifth grade math for the 2022–23 school year may qualify to participate in PACE (Programs for Advancement, Challenge and Enrichment) Math. This program was originally designed to meet the needs of elementary...Read More
- 2023-24 Academic Calendar Feedback December 2, 2022It is time to plan and develop next year's 2023-24 academic calendar.
- Newly Elected Board Members Take Oath of Office; Board Approves Officer Reorganization December 2, 2022At the special Leander ISD Board meeting Dec. 1, three newly elected Trustees – Sade Fashokun in Place 5, Francesca Romans in Place 6 and Paul Gauthier in Place 7 – took the oath of office.
- The Compass: Nov. 30, 2022 November 30, 2022We hope you enjoyed a restful break and time spent with family! This issue of The Compass includes * stand-out performances from high school marching bands; * cross country runners excelling at the state meet; * information on how to become a mentor and make a difference in #1LISD; * and much, much more.
- Guidelines for Assisting Students with the Costs of Fine Arts Participation November 2, 2022Philosophy Statement LISD desires that no student is to be denied the opportunity to participate in a fine arts organization due to their family’s socio-economic situation. History of the Program The program was established in the 2006–2007 school year and was intended to provide assistance for LISD students in performing arts and cheer organizations. The […]
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]