Our mission is to lead our school communities in an environment that challenges students to IMAGINE possibilities, EXPLORE opportunities and CONNECT with the future and the world.
How are Libraries Serving Your Children?
There is a large body of research showing that strong school libraries make a measurable contribution to student achievement, a summary of which can be found at School Libraries Work!
In accordance with those findings, our most recent annual statistics show that Leander ISD libraries:
- had collectively, more than 560,000 items available for check out
- circulated over 1,115,000 items in total
- checked out more than 914,000 items to students, averaging 32 items per student
- shared over 8,500 items among campuses through our inter-library loan service
- had more than 520,000 searches on our Gale databases, 136,000 on EBSCO and nearly 2 million searches on all our databases combined
Your Leander ISD librarians:
- taught over 8,400 hours and nearly 20,000 lessons on
information literacy skills
- hosted authors, story tellers, artists, poets–and even reading dogs!
- sponsored dozens of book fairs, reading programs, contests and events
- attended more than 1500 hours of staff development, and were presenters at several conferences, including Leander ISD’s own Continuous Improvement Conference, TCEA Conference, and Texas Library Association Annual Conference
LISD School Libraries
- Canyon Ridge MS
- Cedar Park MS
- Danielson MS
- Four Points MS
- Henry MS
- Leander MS
- Running Brushy MS
- Stiles MS
- Wiley MS