¡Bienvenidos! Welcome to the new school year! Volunteers are needed to make this program a success. Please consider volunteering for this very rewarding program. Training is provided for all volunteers interested. The purpose of...Read More
The Leander ISD World Languages Department (LOTE) promotes the study of both modern and ancient languages and cultures, and communication for today’s multilingual, and multicultural world. We provide students with a solid...Read More
In partnership with Community Action Inc.’s (CAI) Adult Education Program, LISD provides High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation in both English and Spanish, as well as English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. 2021-22...Read More
The Leander ISD Global Languages and Cultures Department is committed to the academic success for all students through culturally responsive practices and collaboration between home, school and community, leading to enriched...Read More
Leander ISD is committed to helping all students plan for a bright and promising future. Our district prides itself on providing an academically rigorous and challenging program for all students. Ours is a college-going culture,...Read More
The Global Languages and Cultures Department from Leander ISD offers this page as a support for multilingual families to find common educational resources in different languages. Some of our resources are created in-house by...Read More
COVID-19: Translation and Interpretation Support Services Overview Leander ISD is a fast-growing, multicultural school district in Central Texas. Our diverse population reflects many languages and cultures. Translation Services...Read More
Goals of ESL The goal of the ESL program is to develop English language proficiency using second language methodology through explicit instruction in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in all academic areas. Description...Read More
- 2023-24 Academic Calendar Feedback December 2, 2022It is time to plan and develop next year's 2023-24 academic calendar.
- Newly Elected Board Members Take Oath of Office; Board Approves Officer Reorganization December 2, 2022At the special Leander ISD Board meeting Dec. 1, three newly elected Trustees – Sade Fashokun in Place 5, Francesca Romans in Place 6 and Paul Gauthier in Place 7 – took the oath of office.
- The Compass: Nov. 30, 2022 November 30, 2022We hope you enjoyed a restful break and time spent with family! This issue of The Compass includes * stand-out performances from high school marching bands; * cross country runners excelling at the state meet; * information on how to become a mentor and make a difference in #1LISD; * and much, much more.
- Guidelines for Assisting Students with the Costs of Fine Arts Participation November 2, 2022Philosophy Statement LISD desires that no student is to be denied the opportunity to participate in a fine arts organization due to their family’s socio-economic situation. History of the Program The program was established in the 2006–2007 school year and was intended to provide assistance for LISD students in performing arts and cheer organizations. The […]
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]