¡Bienvenidos! Welcome to the new school year! Volunteers are needed to make this program a success. Please consider volunteering for this very rewarding program. Training is provided for all volunteers interested. The purpose of...Read More
The Leander ISD World Languages Department (LOTE) promotes the study of both modern and ancient languages and cultures, and communication for today’s multilingual, and multicultural world. We provide students with a solid...Read More
In partnership with Community Action Inc.’s (CAI) Adult Education Program, LISD provides High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation in both English and Spanish, as well as English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. 2021-22...Read More
The Leander ISD Global Languages and Cultures Department is committed to the academic success for all students through culturally responsive practices and collaboration between home, school and community, leading to enriched...Read More
Leander ISD is committed to helping all students plan for a bright and promising future. Our district prides itself on providing an academically rigorous and challenging program for all students. Ours is a college-going culture,...Read More
The Global Languages and Cultures Department from Leander ISD offers this page as a support for multilingual families to find common educational resources in different languages. Some of our resources are created in-house by...Read More
COVID-19: Translation and Interpretation Support Services Overview Leander ISD is a fast-growing, multicultural school district in Central Texas. Our diverse population reflects many languages and cultures. Translation Services...Read More
Goals of ESL The goal of the ESL program is to develop English language proficiency using second language methodology through explicit instruction in listening, speaking, reading, and writing in all academic areas. Description...Read More
- LISD Teams Compete at DI Globals; VHS Team 1 Wins Engineering Challenge August 15, 2022Vandegrift High School Destination Imagination (DI) Team 1 placed first in their category – the “Roll With It” engineering challenge – at the 2022 DI Global Competition in Kansas City at the end of May. Vandegrift HS DI Team 1 was one of six LISD teams to compete in the DI Global Finals. Their challenge […]
- Laces for Leander Holds Annual Shoe Drive for LISD Students August 12, 2022On Aug. 3, teams from four Leander ISD football teams participated in a competition to "Stuff the Truck" at Toyota Cedar Park.
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]