The Community Curriculum Advisory Committee (CCAC) is a group of LISD parents, teachers, principals, students, business and community members who gather with the primary function to advise on the written, taught, and tested curriculum, related instructional resources, and potential new programs and courses.
CCAC includes representation from the following groups:
- Parent/Guardian Volunteers
- MS and HS Student Volunteers
- Teachers, Administration, Faculty and Staff Volunteers
- Institutions of Higher Education Volunteers
- Community and Business Member Volunteers
CCAC meets approximately 5-6 times a year. Once we have our list of volunteers, we’ll work as a community to determine our meeting times so that we may be as inclusive as possible in our commitments to this community curriculum partnership.
2023-2024 CCAC Topics/Presentations
The 23-24 Community Curriculum Advisory Committee will primarily focus on reviewing curriculum and resources for the content areas/courses that are under consideration for adoption of new Instructional Materials as part of TEA’s adoption cycle.
- Career & Technology Education Overview
- Updated Science TEKS Review
- Review Instructional Materials that are up for adoption
- Special Programs Overview
- Dual Language Overview
Meeting Minutes & Presentations
- Oct. 30, 2023: Minutes
Oct. 30, 2023: Presentation
- Nov. 27, 2023: Minutes
Nov. 27, 2023: Presentation
- Jan. 29, 2024: Minutes
Jan. 29, 2024: Presentation
K–12 Math Pathways Review (2022-23)
To review, advise and provide feedback on the K–12 Advanced Mathematics pathway in order to ensure access and equity for each and every mathematics student. Engage in shared learning around the eight essential math practices that will support mathematics experiences that challenge and empower students K–12.
Revisions to Science TEKS (2022-23)
To review, advise and provide feedback on the adjustments that will need to be made to our K–12 LISD science curriculum to meet the new Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), which will be implemented in the 2024–25 school year.
Social Studies Curriculum Review (2020–22)
To address equity within the LISD Social Studies curriculum by advising about resources and identifying areas within our curriculum where other perspectives and histories can be included.
Thank you to all who participated in the Social Studies CCAC this past year. The Social Studies CCAC will reconvene in the Fall of 2021 to review and provide feedback on the work of the Curriculum Development Teams in the 5th, 8th, and 11th grade US History curriculum. Please watch for an announcement on how to join coming in early Fall 2021.
HS ELA Comprehensive Literature Review (2020–21)
To review HS ELA student reading choices and advise about appropriate course placement.
Comprehensive Literature Review Process
- Background, Purpose, and Process Overview
- Vetting and Review Criteria and Recommendations from Process Improvement Effort
- 2020-21 High School ELA Book Club List
Local Resources & Related Readings/Resources
- A Balanced Reading Diet and Whole-Class Approved Book List
- More Than a Number: What’s a Lexile Measure?
- CCAC Comprehensive Literature Review HyperDoc of Resources
Review Cycles Summary & Recommendations
- English II Graphic Novels Continuous Improvement Cycle 1
- English IV A Study of Community Continuous Improvement Cycle 2
- English III Social Commentary: A Study of Perspective Continuous Improvement Cycle 3
- English I A Study of Generosity and Activism Continuous Improvement Cycle 4
- English I A Study of Individuality and Belonging Continuous Improvement Cycle 5
- English III Author Study: A Study of Author’s Craft and Style Continuous Improvement Cycle 6
- English IV Memoir: A Study of Self Continuous Improvement Cycle 7
- English II A Study of Moral Dilemmas Continuous Improvement Cycle 8
- Cycle 9