The Community Curriculum Advisory Committee (CCAC) is a group of LISD parents, teachers, principals, students, business and community members who gather with the primary function to advise on the written, taught, and tested curriculum, related instructional resources, and potential new programs and courses. This year’s CCAC work will focus on our PreK–12 Humanities curriculum.
The district is seeking an inclusive group of representatives for the 2020-21 school year:
- Parent/Guardian Volunteers
- MS and HS Student Volunteers
- Teachers, Administration, Faculty and Staff Volunteers
- Institutions of Higher Education Volunteers
- Community and Business Member Volunteers
CCAC meets approximately 5-6 times a year. Once we have our list of volunteers, we’ll work as a community to determine our meeting times so that we may be as inclusive as possible in our commitments to this community curriculum partnership.
Social Studies Curriculum Review
To address equity within the LISD Social Studies curriculum by advising about resources and identifying areas within our curriculum where other perspectives and histories can be included.
- LISD Guiding Documents
- 2009-2019 Snapshot Data
- 3 yrs Social Studies STAAR Data
- HS/MS Course Demographics
- Guiding Questions for History
- Anti-bias Analysis Questions
Readings & Other Resources
- Culturally Responsive Readings/Videos (Leveled)
- Teaching Tolerance
- Facing History and Ourselves
HS ELA Comprehensive Literature Review
To review HS ELA student reading choices and advise about appropriate course placement.
Comprehensive Literature Review Process
- Background, Purpose, and Process Overview
- Vetting and Review Criteria and Recommendations from Process Improvement Effort
- 2020-21 High School ELA Book Club List
Local Resources & Related Readings/Resources
- A Balanced Reading Diet and Whole-Class Approved Book List
- More Than a Number: What’s a Lexile Measure?
- CCAC Comprehensive Literature Review HyperDoc of Resources