Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we...Read More
Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities Act prevents discrimination against students with substantially limiting disabilities that affect one or more major life activities. Eligible students are provided reasonable...Read More
The Department of Intervention Services works to implement intervention in alignment with LISD’s vision and to determine the best structure for these supports in our rapidly growing district. Special Programs Handbook...Read More
Through collaboration with our students, families, staff, and community, the Special Programs & Services department will support each and every student on their path to a meaningful future by celebrating individual...Read More
The purpose of Child Find is to locate, identify and evaluate children from birth to 21 years of age and their possible need for special education and related services. Child Find is a free referral and information service...Read More
The Leander ISD dyslexia program is designed to provide a short-term, intensive reading intervention for children who qualify for services, based upon district and state qualification criteria. Services are offered to qualifying...Read More
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Board Briefs: August 4, 2022 August 5, 2022During it's Aug. 4 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees discussed COVID protocols, staffing, campus safety, Early College High School, and school finance.
- Dates Set for Class of 2023 Graduation August 5, 2022Leander ISD will salute the graduating Class of 2023 at the HEB Center on May 26 and 27.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]