Léelo en español aquí Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better...Read More
Category: Special Programs
Skills for Enhancing Lifelong Fulfillment (SELF) Transition services provide young adults, 18 to 22 years old, with the skills and knowledge necessary for successful transition into community and adult living, based on the...Read More
Who is eligible to participate? To be a part of the Leander ISD Special Olympics Team, a participant must be a student of Leander ISD and at least 8 years old who: Is identified as intellectually disabled (ID) and/or a closely...Read More
At Leander ISD, we believe that all students have unique needs with the right to reach their full potential. It is our privilege in the Leander ISD Visual Impairments department to facilitate growth in each stage of our...Read More
Assistive technology can ensure that students with disabilities receive a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) by allowing access to the general education curriculum and settings, providing opportunities for active...Read More
Leander ISD applied for and received a TEA grant for Services to Students with Autism (ages 3–21) for the 2022–2023 school year. One component of the grant is to increase Parent Training opportunities in Leander ISD for parents...Read More
Parent Liaison The Parent Liaison provides unique assistance to families of students with disabilities. The Liaison is a link between school personnel and families. Families seeking assistance or just information about services...Read More
Self-Determination: Acting as the primary causal agent in one’s life and making decisions and choices regarding one’s quality of life free from undue external influence or interference. Self Determination for...Read More
Our goal in transition planning is to graduate students to meaningful, sustainable lives with the greatest independence possible. Depending on the student that life can include anything from attending a 4-year university to job...Read More
High School Transition Services Student and Parent Guide to Graduation in TexasLISD Transition Services GuideAge of Majority (Transfer of Rights Visual)Vocational Services ContinuumAge Appropriate Chores List – English |...Read More
In LISD, the goal of Transition Planning and Services is to graduate students to meaningful, sustainable lives regardless of their disability. Our system capitalizes on the collaboration between the student, family and staff to...Read More
- 2023-24 Academic Calendar Feedback December 2, 2022It is time to plan and develop next year's 2023-24 academic calendar.
- Newly Elected Board Members Take Oath of Office; Board Approves Officer Reorganization December 2, 2022At the special Leander ISD Board meeting Dec. 1, three newly elected Trustees – Sade Fashokun in Place 5, Francesca Romans in Place 6 and Paul Gauthier in Place 7 – took the oath of office.
- The Compass: Nov. 30, 2022 November 30, 2022We hope you enjoyed a restful break and time spent with family! This issue of The Compass includes * stand-out performances from high school marching bands; * cross country runners excelling at the state meet; * information on how to become a mentor and make a difference in #1LISD; * and much, much more.
- Guidelines for Assisting Students with the Costs of Fine Arts Participation November 2, 2022Philosophy Statement LISD desires that no student is to be denied the opportunity to participate in a fine arts organization due to their family’s socio-economic situation. History of the Program The program was established in the 2006–2007 school year and was intended to provide assistance for LISD students in performing arts and cheer organizations. The […]
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]