Through collaboration with our students, families, staff, and community, the Special Programs & Services department will support each and every student on their path to a meaningful future by celebrating individual strengths, honoring voice and choice, and building independence.
- Your child may qualify for Supplemental Special Education Services (SSES) funds!
- El programa de Servicios Suplementarios de Educación Especial (SSES)
- Special Programs Commonly Asked Questions
- Description of Special Programs & Services
- Special Education Roles & Responsibilities
- Special Education Programs/Services by Campus Location
- Senate Bill 507: Cameras in Special Education Classrooms
Required TEA Postings
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide
- SB139 Contact for Special Education Referrals
- SB139 Información y Persona de Contacto Para Referencias de Educación Especial
- Resources on Special Education
- Delayed or Denied Evaluations and Compensatory Services
- Evaluaciones Retrasadas o Denegadas & Servicios Compensatorios
- Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Updates
- Dyslexia Handbook 2021
- EL Manual De Dislexia Actualización 2021
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards – English
- Aviso Sobre Procedimientos de Protección – Spanish
- Parent’s Guide to the Admission, Review and Dismissal Process – English
- GuÍa Para Padres del Proceso de Admisión, Repaso, y Retiro – Spanish
The Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex) provides resources and interactive features for increasing family awareness of disabilities and special education processes, with the goal of improving partnerships between schools and families.
- All Parent requests, please email your request to [email protected]
- All Texas public school requests must be submitted in TREx
- Any Texas institution that does not have access to TREX, please email your request to [email protected]
- Any out-of-state requests, please email your request to [email protected]
Leander Parent Support Meetings
Parent Meeting Archive
Check out our parent meeting archive to view any information that you may have missed! We will not have any parent meetings in December. Enjoy your break!
Family Education Night
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- January 18, 2023
- February 15, 2023
- March 22, 2023
- April 19, 2023
AAC Out & About
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- December 14, 2022
10 – 11 a.m.
- January 20, 2023
- February 17, 2023
- March 24, 2023
- April 21, 2023
Leander Parent Support Group
6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- January 26, 2023
- March 30, 2023
- May 11, 2023
Special Programs Advisory Council
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- January 24, 2023
For a districtwide staff listing, visit the Staff Directory page.