Homebound services are for students who are confined to home or hospital for 4 or more school weeks. Services are available to both general education and special education students based on certain criteria per TEA....Read More
Category: Intervention Services
Response to Intervention (RTI) is the practice of providing high quality intervention instruction that is matched to a student’s need and assessing progress frequently to make sound instructional decisions. Students receive...Read More
Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities Act prevents discrimination against students with substantially limiting disabilities that affect one or more major life activities. Eligible students are provided reasonable...Read More
The Department of Intervention Services works to implement intervention in alignment with LISD’s vision and to determine the best structure for these supports in our rapidly growing district. Special Programs Handbook...Read More
The Supplemental Reading Program (SRP) in Leander ISD focuses on students most in need of intensive reading intervention based on district qualifying criteria. The elements of the program include: Thirty-minute long daily...Read More
Section 504 and IEP accommodations are not automatically given to students on the PSAT, SAT, AP and ACT exams. These are nationally-normed exams that are governed by private, not-for-profit entities. Some students with...Read More
The Leander ISD dyslexia program is designed to provide a short-term, intensive reading intervention for children who qualify for services, based upon district and state qualification criteria. Services are offered to qualifying...Read More
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Board Briefs: August 4, 2022 August 5, 2022During it's Aug. 4 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees discussed COVID protocols, staffing, campus safety, Early College High School, and school finance.
- Dates Set for Class of 2023 Graduation August 5, 2022Leander ISD will salute the graduating Class of 2023 at the HEB Center on May 26 and 27.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]