All Instructional Materials will be selected using the district process in accordance with Texas State law, Texas Education Agency guidelines, and LISD Board Policy. Teachers will be instrumental in the process of review and selection for grade levels/course Instructional Materials in their area(s) of expertise. Parents, students, and community members will be provided multiple opportunities to provide feedback during the selection process. The Board of Trustees shall approve final selections for new instructional materials selected and ratify the district’s certification of instructional materials EF (Local).
- August: Establish District Steering Committee
- August-September: Call for campus committee members
- October–January*: District-level meetings with campus members
- November–February: Campus-level meetings
- January–February: Gather community feedback
- February: Gather campus-level feedback
- March: Review recommendations with Board of Trustees
- April: Board considers approval of recommendation materials
*Additional meetings may be necessary depending on resources.
2023–24 School Year
The following courses/content areas are being considered for adoption of new instructional materials for implementation in 2024-2025:
- AP Government
- AP European History
- AP Economics
- AP Psychology
- AP Chemistry
- K-12 Science (All grades & courses)
- Astronomy (tentative new course)
- Career & Technology Education
- Technology Applications (6-8)
- Principles of Education and Training
- Human Growth and Development
- Instructional Practices
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Microbiology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Health Science Theory
- Computer Science I
- Computer Science A AP
- Foundations of Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Capstone
- Digital Forensics
- Fundamentals of Computer Science
- Forensic Science
Overview of Process
This Leander ISD Board Presentation provides an overview of the Instructional Materials selection process.
There are multiple opportunities for the community to provide feedback on the materials being considered for adoption. The following dates have been scheduled for community members & parents to view materials and provide feedback and ask questions.
- January 11, 2024 – February 16, 2024
- Digital and Hard copies (when possible) of the materials will be available for viewing at the following locations:
LISD Admin Building
204 W. South St.
Leander, TX 78646
Cedar Park High School
2150 Cypress Creek Rd
Cedar Park, TX 78613
- March 28, 2024 – LISD Board of Trustees Meeting
- February 7, 2024 – Q&A with Curriculum Coordinators (9 AM, 12 PM, or 5 PM)
Links to available digital resources will be added to this webpage on January 11, 2024. If you have any questions about this Instructional Materials Adoption process, please utilize the Let’s Talk form linked below.