Leander ISD publishes a bi-weekly newsletter featuring the news, announcements, and information families need. This newsletter, The Compass, is published directly to our families, students, and staff through the Remind system, on our news website, and on social media.
- Sistema de Mensajes: Remind May 10, 2021A partir del año escolar 2020-21, Remind es la plataforma de notificaciones y mensajes usada por Leander ISD (reemplaza el sistema anterior SchoolMessenger) para conectarnos con nuestras familias y personal a través de mensajes de texto, correo electrónico y transmisiones telefónicas. Este sistema facilita al distrito y administradores de las escuelas conectarse directamente con las […]
- Media Guidelines for Gathering Video November 19, 2020The School & Community Relations (SCR) team works with media outlets to facilitate stories and information requests. We ask that our media colleagues help us minimize disruptions to the school day by coordinating with SCR when seeking to shoot video on or near our campuses. That way, SCR can help campuses prepare and be ready […]
- Parent-Teacher-Student Group Guidelines November 8, 2020While the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), and Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) are independent organizations, to work with Leander ISD (LISD) campuses and the district, these organizations should operate and function in a way that is consistent with the district’s philosophy and objectives, within adopted LISD board policies, and by following […]
- LISD Selects Crestina Hardie to Lead School & Community Relations April 22, 2022The School and Community Relations department gained a passionate storyteller as its new leader after Crestina Hardie was approved as the new Chief Communications Officer by the Leander ISD Board of Trustees at Thursday’s meeting. “Crestina Hardie brings experience, passion, energy and enthusiasm to her new role as Chief Communications Officer,” said Superintendent Bruce Gearing, […]
- District to host next Listening Leaders session on July 29 June 23, 2021We want to hear from our #1LISD as we launch the 2021-22 school year. Our school district leaders, including Superintendent Bruce Gearing, Ed.D., our leadership team, and our Board of Trustees, will be hosting a Listening Leaders session on July 29.
- District wins state awards for video series, communication during COVID-19 May 13, 2021The Leander Independent School District Communications Department earned several honors during the 2021 Texas School Public Relations Association (TSPRA) Conference in Denton, Texas.