Leander ISD publishes a bi-weekly newsletter featuring the news, announcements, and information families need. This newsletter, The Compass, is published directly to our families, students, and staff through the Remind system, on our news website, and on social media.
- Media Guidelines for Gathering Video November 19, 2020The School & Community Relations (SCR) team works with media outlets to facilitate stories and information requests. We ask that our media colleagues help us minimize disruptions to the school day by coordinating with SCR when seeking to shoot video on or near our campuses. That way, SCR can help campuses prepare and be ready […]
- Parent-Teacher-Student Group Guidelines November 8, 2020Role of PTA/PTSA/PTO in Leander ISD While the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA), and Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) are independent organizations, to work with Leander ISD (LISD) campuses and the district, these organizations should operate and function in a way that is consistent with the district’s philosophy and objectives, within adopted […]
- Staff Listening Sessions Report: October 2020 October 23, 2020After conducting a Thoughtexchange survey from Sept. 18 - Oct. 2, we identified areas for focus in supporting staff during the COVID-19 pandemic; however, the feedback in that format lacked specific action steps or suggestions for making meaningful changes. In order to generate action steps and collect feedback on in-progress work to support staff, we […]
- Staff Spotlight of the Week: Sept. 2, 2020 September 2, 2020Introducing the Leander ISD Staff Spotlight! Read about some of our exceptional staff nominated for exemplifying the Leander Way!
- LISD School & Community Relations earns recognition at state conference February 22, 2019The Leander ISD School and Community Relations Department (SCR) earned four honors at the 2019 Texas School Public Relations Association (TSPRA) state conference. In addition, Chief Communications Officer Corey Ryan took office within the statewide professional organization for school public relation professionals as the Central Vice President for TSPRA. SCR staff were honored in […]
- Board approves adoption, implementation of a new student information system December 14, 2018Trustees approved eSchoolPlus, a product of PowerSchool Group, LLC, as the district’s new system for student grades, attendance, and other data management starting in the 2019-20 school year. School districts are required by state, local and federal governments to track student data in compliance with programs and guidelines. A student information system also allows LISD […]