Leander ISD offers experiences students can take at the elementary school level to explore college and career learning opportunities. freshINCedu The freshINCedu program provides a way for elementary students to be exposed to –...Read More
Léelo en español aquí Kindergarten Registration is NOW Open Our Kindergarten Vision is that each kindergarten graduate is prepared with a foundation of social, emotional, physical, and academic skills to become a productive...Read More
The Texas State Board of Education requires school districts to offer Examinations for Acceleration (EA) at every grade level and for every subject area offered in grades K–12. LISD uses tests from the University of Texas High...Read More
PACE Math LISD PACE (Programs for Advancement, Challenge and Enrichment) Math is designed to meet the needs of elementary students who excel or show potential to excel in mathematics. This program provides opportunities for...Read More
The elementary curriculum provides the framework for instruction in Leander ISD. It promotes understanding, facilitates the transfer of knowledge to new and different settings and supports differentiation to meet the needs of...Read More
Leander ISD’s Early Childhood Education services exist to build a strong foundation so that each child is ready to be challenged, encouraged and supported to achieve their highest level of knowledge, skills and...Read More
Advanced academic programs are a high priority in Leander ISD, with a goal of challenging each and every child to learn to their maximum ability. LISD works diligently to develop and coordinate a full range of academic programs...Read More
- LISD Teams Compete at DI Globals; VHS Team 1 Wins Engineering Challenge August 15, 2022Vandegrift High School Destination Imagination (DI) Team 1 placed first in their category – the “Roll With It” engineering challenge – at the 2022 DI Global Competition in Kansas City at the end of May. Vandegrift HS DI Team 1 was one of six LISD teams to compete in the DI Global Finals. Their challenge […]
- Laces for Leander Holds Annual Shoe Drive for LISD Students August 12, 2022On Aug. 3, teams from four Leander ISD football teams participated in a competition to "Stuff the Truck" at Toyota Cedar Park.
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]