The district’s guiding documents consist of the Graduate Profile, the 10 Ethical Principles, The Leander Way and the Learning Model.
Leander ISD learners are empowered to enrich our world and excel in a rapidly changing global society through a life-long journey of character development, academic success and fulfillment.
Critical & Creative Thinkers
Students who seek and solve problems through curiosity, flexibility and innovation.
Skilled Communicators & Collaborators
Students who listen to understand, express ideas with empathy and work collectively toward shared outcomes.
Compassionate Community Contributors
Students who value diverse perspectives and share their unique gifts with the world.
Adaptable & Reflective Individuals
Students who confidently embrace their strengths and challenges while pursuing their interests and passions.
10 Ethical Principles
- Honesty: telling the truth
- Integrity: doing the right thing
- Promise-keeping: doing what you say you are going to do
- Loyalty: supporting someone or something
- Concern for Others: caring for and helping others
- Law-abidance/Civic Duty: obeying rules and laws/making the world a better place
- Respect for Others: being polite and kind to everyone and everything
- Fairness: treating everyone equally
- Pursuit of Excellence: doing everything the best you can; looking for ways to improve
- Accountability: taking responsibility for your actions, and taking pride in what you do right
Leander ISD’s Learning Model is a research-based model for instruction in LISD. It was implemented district wide in 2006 as a tool to provide LISD with guidance on how classrooms and schools can effectively enhance student achievement.
At the center and heart of the Learning Model is “Focus on Student Learning.” This is district’s singular purpose for existing and is considered in every new opportunity and decision made throughout LISD.
The result of three years of collaborative work by principals, instructional leaders and teachers at all levels across the district, the Leander ISD Student Learning Model is both a target and a guide as the district seeks to become the best in the world at guiding student learning.
The Leander Way
- Ethical Behavior
- Students First
- Continuous Improvement
- Passion for Working / Learning