The Parent Liaison provides unique assistance to families of students with disabilities. The Liaison is a link between school personnel and families.
Families seeking assistance or just information about services provided by Leander ISD can call the Parent Liaison to help them establish contacts and assure that they are aware of all applicable services. The Liaison provides a link between the community, district central office, and the campus staff.
- Parent Education Nights – Every month we host a variety of parent education events to provide you with tools to assist your family. At every parent night there are opportunities to meet other LISD families, learn from LISD staff and ask questions. These meetings are crafted using feedback from our families. Topics covered at these meetings vary from learning about specific programs and procedures to at home activity workshops. Event invitations are sent out weekly through our Remind Classes. This year you will also have the option to find RSVP links on the Special Programs page under the Leander Parent Support Meetings tab.
- Parent Support Groups- Our support groups are intended for families to come together and share experiences and resources with one another. We currently hold support groups for families of students who have autism, down syndrome, and those considered medically fragile by their IEP. Our support groups will meet quarterly for the ‘21-22 school year.
- Understanding of ARD/IEP- The Parent Liaison can consult with families in preparation or at the conclusion of ARD/IEP meetings to aid families in navigating the process. Assistance may include reviewing the documents with you to aide in understanding. The Liaison can also connect you with bilingual assistance if needed.
Contact Ashley Anderson at [email protected] or call 512-570-0368 if you are seeking supports from the Parent Liaison for Leander ISD.
- Your child may qualify for Supplemental Special Education Services (SSES) funds!
- El programa de Servicios Suplementarios de Educación Especial (SSES)
- 2022 Summer Camp Guide – English
- 2022 Summer Camp Guide – Spanish
- Austin-Travis County Integral Care
- Autism Society of Texas
- Bluebonnet Trails Community Services
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas (DSACT)
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Services and Supports
- Medicaid Waivers and How They Work
- Sibling Support Project
- Social Security Disability Benefits Information
- Special Olympics
- Texas Parent 2 Parent