The Parent Liaison provides unique assistance to families of students with disabilities. The Liaison is a link between school personnel and families.
Families seeking assistance or just information about services provided by Leander ISD can call the Parent Liaison to help them establish contacts and assure that they are aware of all applicable services. The Liaison provides a link between the community, district central office, and the campus staff.
- Family Education Events – Every month we host a variety of parent education events to provide you with tools to assist your family. At every parent night there are opportunities to meet other LISD families, learn from LISD staff and ask questions. These meetings are crafted using feedback from our families. Topics covered at these meetings vary from learning about specific programs and procedures to at home activity workshops. Event invitations are sent out weekly through our Remind Classes. This year you will also have the option to find RSVP links under the Leander Parent Support Meetings tab.
- Parent Support Group- Our support group is intended for families to come together and share experiences and resources with one another. Our support groups will meet every other month for the ‘23-24 school year.
- Understanding of ARD/IEP- The Parent Liaison can consult with families in preparation or at the conclusion of ARD/IEP meetings to aid families in navigating the process. Assistance may include reviewing the documents with you to aide in understanding. The Liaison can also connect you with bilingual assistance if needed.
Contact Ashley Anderson at [email protected] or call 512-570-0368 if you are seeking supports from the Parent Liaison for Leander ISD.
Leander Parent Support Meetings
Parent Meeting Archive
Family Education Workshops
Sessions will run from 11:00am – 12:30pm and 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. on all dates.
- September 27, 2023
- October 25, 2023
- November 15, 2023
AAC Out & About
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- October 21, 2023
Leander Parent Support Group
6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- September 20, 2023
- October 19, 2023
- November 30, 2023
Special Programs Advisory Council
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- November 8, 2023
- November 30. 2023
- December 5, 2023
- December 7, 2023
- December 14, 2023
- Your child may qualify for Supplemental Special Education Services (SSES) funds!
- El programa de Servicios Suplementarios de Educación Especial (SSES)
- 2023 Summer Camp Guide – English
- 2023 Summer Camp Guide – Spanish
- Austin-Travis County Integral Care
- Autism Society of Texas
- Bluebonnet Trails Community Services
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas (DSACT)
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Services and Supports
- Medicaid Waivers and How They Work
- Sibling Support Project
- Social Security Disability Benefits Information
- Special Olympics
- Texas Parent 2 Parent
Special Program Parent Advisory Council (The PAC)
The purpose of the Special Programs Advisory Council (The PAC) is to provide a coordinated approach and seek feedback on meaningful initiatives to support parents of children with disabilities. The PAC will:
- Work collaboratively with the district to improve outcomes for students by providing feedback on matters that pertain to the education and safety of students with disabilities
- Identify and provide needed resources for Special Program families through collaboration with schools, LISD, and the community
- Cultivate a strong Special Programs community by creating opportunities for positive interactions between families, schools, and the community
We need you to join the PAC! The PAC is an opportunity for you to share your voice and help make a difference in the LISD Special Programs community.