Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we...Read More
Skills for Enhancing Lifelong Fulfillment (SELF) Transition services provide young adults, 18 to 22 years old, with the skills and knowledge necessary for successful transition into community and adult living, based on the...Read More
Self-Determination: Acting as the primary causal agent in one’s life and making decisions and choices regarding one’s quality of life free from undue external influence or interference. Self Determination for...Read More
Our goal in transition planning is to graduate students to meaningful, sustainable lives with the greatest independence possible. Depending on the student that life can include anything from attending a 4-year university to job...Read More
High School Transition Services Student and Parent Guide to Graduation in TexasLISD Transition Services GuideAge of Majority (Transfer of Rights Visual)Vocational Services ContinuumAge Appropriate Chores List – English |...Read More
In LISD, the goal of Transition Planning and Services is to graduate students to meaningful, sustainable lives regardless of their disability. Our system capitalizes on the collaboration between the student, family and staff to...Read More
Through collaboration with our students, families, staff, and community, the Special Programs & Services department will support each and every student on their path to a meaningful future by celebrating individual...Read More
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Board Briefs: August 4, 2022 August 5, 2022During it's Aug. 4 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees discussed COVID protocols, staffing, campus safety, Early College High School, and school finance.
- Dates Set for Class of 2023 Graduation August 5, 2022Leander ISD will salute the graduating Class of 2023 at the HEB Center on May 26 and 27.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]