Substitute Teachers provide a valuable service to our students and schools. As a substitute teacher, you are able to work and select jobs based on when and where you would like to work. This flexible schedule is well-suited for those pursuing a degree in education, parents and grandparents with children in school, retirees from education or corporate sector, and more. The role of Substitute Teacher is more than just filling in for absent educators – it’s an opportunity to foster an environment of learning and support within schools and allow for continuity in student education. Being a Substitute Teacher you have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the students and schools in your community.
HOW TO: BECOME A SUBSTITUTE WITH LEANDER ISD
- STEP 1: To be considered for a Substitute Teacher position, you must first complete an online application. Apply online selecting the apply now link on the left side of this website or click HERE.
- STEP 2: Look for an email inviting you to participate in a digital interview through HireVue. Once the interview is completed and reviewed you will receive an email from the substitute office with information regarding next steps.
- STEP 3: If approved for hire, follow the instructions in the welcome email regarding fingerprinting if you do not have fingerprints on file with TEA as well as watch the training and compliance videos that are linked in the email and found on our website. You will receive instructions on how to schedule an appointment for fingerprinting from [email protected].
- STEP 4: Email notifications will be sent to complete onboarding forms online. Once you receive final notification that all your forms are completed you may bring your I9 verification docs to LISD Central Admin Office at 204 W. South St., Leander, TX any Mon-Thur. from 1-3 pm.
- STEP 5: Once cleared to work you will receive an email invitation to set up an account in Red Rover (our absence management system).
APPLY NOW…AND COME MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Follow us on social media:
2023-2024 Substitute Pay Rates
Red Rover Resources (Absence Management System)
LISD Standard Response Protocol Video – Hold, Secure, Lockdown, Evacuate and Shelter
School Menu Links for all campuses – campuses accept cash or check for meals unless you have an online account set up with available funds. If you would like to set up an online account through LINQ Connect to pay for meals online please email [email protected] with CNS. Elem lunch $4 and Secondary lunch $4.25
Substitute Resignation Form – when you no longer wish to be a substitute teacher with Leander ISD please submit this form to notify the substitute office of your official resignation. An email confirmation will be sent to you in return for your records.
Distract the Distractor (Cult of Pedagogy)
Substantial Classroom Sub School – Before You Start PDF
Substantial Classroom Sub School – Arrival Checklist PDF
Substantial Classroom Sub School – The First 10 Minutes PDF
Substantial Classroom Sub School – Daily Reflection Worksheet PDF
Subscribe to a Sub Suggestions FREE semi-monthly newsletter from STEDI.org that gives tips and ideas to improve classroom management skills, increase professionalism, and shares filler activities – register HERE
WHAT SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS SAY
ABOUT WORKING IN LEANDER ISD:
“The campus staff goes above and beyond to be helpful.”
“Campuses provide a positive working environment”
“Nothing beats making your own schedule while also supporting the wonderful staff & students of LISD.”
“The staff is welcoming and encouraging. I feel appreciated and valued as part of the team.”
“I love meeting the new people at each campus and I love the flexibility of the job.”
“Campuses treat subs with respect & are appreciative of our commitment to the campus and students.”
I feel like part of the family. Many of the campus staff members have become my personal friends.”
“We are supported by admin and teachers throughout the day when we are campus.”
“Campuses are welcoming and inclusive.”
“I enjoy my time on campus and come home with a smile.”
“It is really fun to substitute teach and I love the sense of community. I look forward to going to work.”
“I was pleasantly surprised at how welcoming all the staff is! It’s amazing and helps you feel welcome!”
“Campuses are organized, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and very thankful for substitutes.”
“Teachers have been amazing and so thankful to see us. I’ve enjoyed this!”
“The level of appreciation that is shown is encouraging and serves as motivation to keep coming back.”
“It’s comfortable…my home away from home!”
Substitute Spotlight Stories
Substitute Office Contact Information