LISD has campus clinic personnel, comprised of RNs, LVNs and Clinic Health Assistants, providing health services for our students. Occasionally, parents may wish for additional nursing care for their child who has high health needs. Parents are financially responsible for this additional nursing care.
Private Duty Nursing (PDN) Requirements
Prior to the start of each school year, when there is a change in the nursing provider, or prior to a new student receiving private nursing services, the following are required:
- Please email Lisa Robertson at [email protected] for private duty nurse requests
- A signed PDN agreement between LISD and parents
- A signed PDN agreement between LISD and PDN
- A signed Release of Confidential Information document for both the physician and the PDN
- A signed PDN Expectations document by parent and private duty nurse
- PDN to view the Volunteer Handbook and Board Policies
- Parent provides a copy of student’s physician’s orders for the current year
- Parent provides the district with a copy of PDN’s license
In addition to the mentioned documents, each PDN will need to complete an application for providing support in Leander ISD’s schools. Each PDN will receive a request to schedule their fingerprinting and background check.
Need help on completing the forms? Please see: Tips for Viewing and Using Fillable PDFs
For any questions about this process, please contact Lisa Robertson in our Special Education Department at 512-570-0376.