- Attendance March 11, 2021Regular and punctual attendance is the greatest single factor in school success. Texas Compulsory Attendance Law requires students to attend school regularly, unless otherwise exempted by law. It is the responsibility of the parent and student to cooperate and communicate with the school on all attendance matters. The key to high school graduation is strong […]
- E-cigarettes February 7, 2019LISD has a strict policy against tobacco use on campus, including e-cigarettes, or “vaping.” The district’s student handbook prohibits “possessing, smoking or using tobacco products, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, and any component, part, or accessory for an e-cigarette device.” The district is aware of the rise in vaping use among teenagers nationwide and is taking steps to […]
- Anti-Bullying August 17, 2018As a district, we strive to make our schools safe and effective learning environments for all. Leander ISD has received the No Place for Hate distinction from the ADL Anti-Defamation League at all LISD schools, the central administration office and the district as a whole. Types of Bullying Facts about Bullying Creating a Culture of […]
- District Develops and Presents New Elementary Attendance Zoning Recommendation December 8, 2023In preparation for the opening of Elementary School #30, Leander ISD has been engaged in an attendance rezoning process for the last couple of months. After collecting and reviewing community feedback from six in-person community forums and using multiple online feedback tools, the District has developed a recommendation report using Scenario 3 and shared it […]
- The Compass: Dec. 6, 2023 December 6, 2023After a refreshing fall break, we’re diving into a full calendar of festive events put on by students and staff taking place all over the district – from a campus to the Texas State Capitol! In this issue of The Compass, check out * LISD receiving national recognition from College Board for its standout performance […]
- LISD’s Jamie Everett Named 2023 National Safety Educator of the Year December 6, 2023Leander ISD’s Assistant Director of Career Development Jamie Everett has been named 2023 National Safety Educator of the Year by online safety training provider CareerSafe.