- Attendance March 11, 2021Regular and punctual attendance is the greatest single factor in school success. Texas Compulsory Attendance Law requires students to attend school regularly, unless otherwise exempted by law. It is the responsibility of the parent and student to cooperate and communicate with the school on all attendance matters. The key to high school graduation is strong […]
- E-cigarettes February 7, 2019LISD has a strict policy against tobacco use on campus, including e-cigarettes, or “vaping.” The district’s student handbook prohibits “possessing, smoking or using tobacco products, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, and any component, part, or accessory for an e-cigarette device.” The district is aware of the rise in vaping use among teenagers nationwide and is taking steps to […]
- Anti-Bullying August 17, 2018As a district, we strive to make our schools safe and effective learning environments for all. Leander ISD has received the No Place for Hate distinction from the ADL Anti-Defamation League at all LISD schools, the central administration office and the district as a whole. Types of Bullying Facts about Bullying Creating a Culture of […]
- Leander ISD Students Excel at National Mathematics Pentathlon Tournament June 2, 2023Leander ISD students from Bush Elementary, Canyon Ridge Middle School, Parkside Elementary, Reagan Elementary, Stiles Middle School, Tarvin Elementary, Whitestone Elementary and Winkley Elementary competed in the 2023 National Mathematics Pentathlon Academic Tournament, receiving numerous medals and honors throughout the course of the competition.
- Two-Time Bee Champ Concludes K-12 Career June 1, 2023With “Scripps National Spelling Bee winner” and “National Geographic GeoBee winner” already to his name, by walking across the stage at the H-E-B Center Saturday, Nihar Janga added one more title: Vandegrift High School graduate.
- Leander ISD High School Robotics Teams Close Out Strong Competition Season May 31, 2023Leander ISD's robotics teams finished out a strong 2022-23 competition season, winning medals and achieving new feats throughout their tournaments.