- Attendance March 11, 2021Regular and punctual attendance is the greatest single factor in school success. Texas Compulsory Attendance Law requires students to attend school regularly, unless otherwise exempted by law. It is the responsibility of the parent and student to cooperate and communicate with the school on all attendance matters. The key to high school graduation is strong […]
- E-cigarettes February 7, 2019LISD has a strict policy against tobacco use on campus, including e-cigarettes, or “vaping.” The district’s student handbook prohibits “possessing, smoking or using tobacco products, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, and any component, part, or accessory for an e-cigarette device.” The district is aware of the rise in vaping use among teenagers nationwide and is taking steps to […]
- Anti-Bullying August 17, 2018As a district, we strive to make our schools safe and effective learning environments for all. Leander ISD has received the No Place for Hate distinction from the ADL Anti-Defamation League at all LISD schools, the central administration office and the district as a whole. Types of Bullying Physical: Hitting or Pushing Social Relational: Spreading rumors, leaving […]
- Inclement Weather Update: No School Wednesday, Feb. 1 January 31, 2023As inclement weather rolls into the area, this page will contain the latest information regarding impacts to Leander ISD. * No school Wednesday, Feb. 1 * No school Tuesday, Jan. 31
- Board Briefs: Jan. 26, 2023 January 27, 2023During its Jan. 26 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees agenda included: * Spotlight on Learning: Deer Creek ES * School Board Recognition Month * Approving 2023–24 academic calendar, draft of 2024–25 * Discussing recommendations from the Citizens’ Facility Advisory Committee (CFAC) * Reviewing the Equitable Access goal as part of the Strategic Plan […]
- Dual Language Program Application Open for 2023-24 January 24, 2023The Dual Language Application for 2023-2024 for incoming kindergarten students is available now. Applications must be turned in to LISD, online, in person or via mail by Friday, May 5, 2023, at 5 p.m. to be considered for the program.