As a district, we strive to make our schools safe and effective learning environments for all. Leander ISD has received the No Place for Hate distinction from the ADL Anti-Defamation League at all LISD schools, the central administration office and the district as a whole.
Types of Bullying
- Physical: Hitting or Pushing
- Social Relational: Spreading rumors, leaving people out on purpose, breaking up friendships
- Verbal: Name calling or taunting
- Cyberbullying: Using the Internet or mobile phones to harm others
- Take Action Against Bullying Flyer – English
Take Action Against Bullying Flyer – Spanish
- Report Bullying
- Anonymous Alerts
Facts about Bullying
- Bullying is NOT a fact of life. It is a life changing event.
- Bullying is a form of abuse, harassment and violence.
- Bullying is a learned behavior.
- 86% of children between the ages of 12 and 15 said that they get teased or bullied at school.
Creating a Culture of Kindness & Caring
- Teach the difference between tattling and telling.
- Teach kindness and caring. Make kindness and caring parts of your everyday vocabulary.
- Invite kids to make choices.
- Promote random acts of kindness.
- Teach empathy and compassion.
- Be kind.
- Be consistent with rules and consequences.
- Talk about values/ethical principles.
- Use teachable moments – relate everything to kindness and caring.
- Role model positive, respectful, and caring behavior. Watch own reactions and words.
- Promote diversity.
- Make sure we (adults) are warm, caring and having a positive influence with the children. Give compliments. Be grateful.
Documents / Resources
This web page provides links to other Internet pages created and maintained by other organizations. Links are only for the convenience of web site users, and we are not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor do we endorse or guarantee the services or information offered at these sites.