Skills for Enhancing Lifelong Fulfillment (SELF) Transition services provide young adults, 18 to 22 years old, with the skills and knowledge necessary for successful transition into community and adult living, based on the...Read More
Self-Determination: Acting as the primary causal agent in one’s life and making decisions and choices regarding one’s quality of life free from undue external influence or interference. Self Determination for...Read More
Our goal in transition planning is to graduate students to meaningful, sustainable lives with the greatest independence possible. Depending on the student that life can include anything from attending a 4-year university to job...Read More
High School Transition Services Student and Parent Guide to Graduation in TexasLISD Transition Services GuideAge of Majority (Transfer of Rights Visual)Vocational Services ContinuumAge Appropriate Chores List – English |...Read More
In LISD, the goal of Transition Planning and Services is to graduate students to meaningful, sustainable lives regardless of their disability. Our system capitalizes on the collaboration between the student, family and staff to...Read More
Through collaboration with our students, families, staff, and community, the Special Programs & Services department will support each and every student on their path to a meaningful future by celebrating individual...Read More
- Board Briefs: Nov. 15, 2022 November 16, 2022During its Nov. 15 workshop, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees discussed the following topics: *Latest demographer’s report *Rising Costs, Shifting Student Population Impacting Long Range Plan *Attendance rezoning process for middle schools and high schools *Continued work of the Citizens’ Facility Advisory Committee
- Application for New DEI Advisory Members November 15, 2022The Leander ISD Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is seeking applications to join the DEI Advisory Committee.
- Pulse Survey Information; Opt-Out Form Available November 14, 2022As we implement our five-year Strategic Plan and Community-Based Accountability Systems, the district will be conducting periodic “Pulse Surveys” of parents, teachers, and students. These Pulse Surveys will typically be short – five to 10 questions in length. An opt-out form is available.
- Guidelines for Assisting Students with the Costs of Fine Arts Participation November 2, 2022Philosophy Statement LISD desires that no student is to be denied the opportunity to participate in a fine arts organization due to their family’s socio-economic situation. History of the Program The program was established in the 2006–2007 school year and was intended to provide assistance for LISD students in performing arts and cheer organizations. The […]
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]