- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. English Presentation Spanish Presentation Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the […]
- QUEST-G/T: Testing May 21, 2021Spring 2024 Secondary GT Referral Form (grades 6-12) – Complete by Tuesday, April 2, 2024 to be included in the Spring screening process. Parents of students who qualify for additional testing will be notified for consent for additional testing. Students will be assessed beginning April 15th and ending May 3rd. Notification of results will be […]
- QUEST-G/T: Screening, Assessment, Identification Process March 6, 2021Students may be referred for the gifted and talented program at any time by teachers, counselors, parents, or other interested persons. All kindergarten students are screened once annually. The district provides at least one screening and identification and assessment opportunity once per school year for all students referred for testing (EHBB Local). Screening as well […]
- LISD’s Jamie Everett Named 2023 National Safety Educator of the Year December 6, 2023Leander ISD’s Assistant Director of Career Development Jamie Everett has been named 2023 National Safety Educator of the Year by online safety training provider CareerSafe.
- CTE in LISD: Intro to STEM December 5, 2023Students who enter a STEM program of study within Leander ISD's Career and Technical Education program have the opportunity to gain skills and certifications that will prepare them for highly marketable computer science, engineering and cybersecurity professions.
- CTE Student of the Week: Dec. 5, 2023 December 5, 2023Junior Sylvie Ruseva at Vista Ridge High School is the Leander ISD Career and Technical Education (CTE) Student of the Week. Sylvie is in the Computer Science program of study at Vista Ridge. “Sylvie is a dedicated student,” Computer Science Teacher Dana El Zein said. “She works above and beyond. Her projects reflect originality, imagination […]