School Construction (Partial Design Only)
The Board of Trustees approves school locations prior to construction based on demographic projections. As of right now, High School #7 is projected near the intersection of FM 2243 and CR 175 in Leander [map]. Based on enrollment projections, the school is scheduled to welcome its first class of students in the 2029–30 school year.
The funding from Bond 2023 covers part of the school’s design costs. The remaining funds for design and for all of construction would appear in a future bond.
- Winter 2024 (Estimated)
Work on this project will begin with the Design phase.
- August 2023
At the Aug. 24, 2023 Board meeting, Trustees approved the architect and construction manager.
Start: Winter 2024 (Start of Design phase)
Finish: Fall 2029 (Dependent on enrollment projections)
Bond 2017 (Partial Design Only)
Bond 2023 (Partial Design Only)
* Construction costs would be included in a future bond.
Estimated Project Budget
Bond 2017: $10,073,645
Bond 2023: $2,134,344
Combined: $12,207,989 (Partial Design Only)
Guaranteed Maximum Price*
GMP(s) will come later in the process and go before the LISD Board for approval.
* GMPs cover construction costs only. The total project cost will incorporate design and permitting fees, along with furniture, fixtures and equipment.
Note: The actual cost will be listed here upon project completion. Any money leftover from the budget goes into project savings, managed by the Bond Oversight Committee.
- Architect: Pfluger Architects
- Construction: American Constructors
Approved for construction when funded
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing: MEP Engineering
- Structural: Pickett, Kelm & Associates