- Student-Athlete of the Week: Sept. 18, 2023 September 18, 2023Eighth Grader Aiden Crozier at Stiles Middle School is the Leander ISD Student-Athlete of the Week. Aiden is a grade member of the Spartan football, basketball, track and soccer teams. He maintains an A average and is a member of the National Junior Honor Society and Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Stiles Middle School Coach Wayne […]
- Texas Heat Wave Continues to Impact Football Kickoff Times September 6, 2023Due to the extreme heatwave we are experiencing across Texas, the University Interscholastic League has again made recommendations regarding football game start times. The district has decided to delay kickoff by a half-hour. Games will start at 7:30 p.m.
- Student-Athlete of the Week: Sept. 4, 2023 September 4, 2023Senior Owen Mietus from Rouse High School is the Leander ISD Student-Athlete of the Week. Owen is a senior member of the Raider football team, captain of the wrestling team and also competes on the track team. Academically, he has earned a 4.0 unweighted GPA and is a three-time Academic All District Team member and member […]
- High School Club Sport Recognition Guidelines March 4, 2021Purpose Leander ISD recognizes the desire of LISD high school students to participate in sports that are not sanctioned or endorsed by the Texas University Interscholastic League (UIL), and these guidelines outline the district’s position on high school club sports and their interaction with the district. Definition For the purpose of these guidelines, a Club […]
- Athletics: Concussion Protocols February 11, 2021Return to Play Protocol Leander ISD coaches and trainers prioritize safety above competition. This article details our protocols for student athletes experiencing a concussion. Notes for Parents & Guardians While the athlete is recovering and still having symptoms it is important to limit not only physical activity but mental activity. Cognitive Rest is the cornerstone to […]
- Athletics: Staph Infection Information February 11, 2021