- Student-Athlete of the Week: Dec. 4, 2023 December 4, 2023Grace Kelly at Danielson Middle School is the Leander ISD Student-Athlete of the Week. Grace is an 8th grade member of the Bearkat volleyball team and also a member of the DMS Dynasty dance team. Danielson Middle School Girls Athletic Coordinator Michelle Chism said that Grace is an athlete that every coach wants on their […]
- Student-Athlete of the Week: Nov. 27, 2023 November 27, 2023Isabelle Bird at Four Points Middle School is the Leander ISD Student-Athlete of the Week. Isabelle is a seventh grade member of the Falcon football, cross country and basketball teams. Four Points Middle School’s Girls Athletic Coordinator Kyleigh O’Daniel said that Isabelle is a remarkable athlete who has consistently demonstrated exceptional skills and dedication in […]
- 5A and 6A LISD Runners Medal at State Cross Country Meet November 14, 2023Leander ISD's 5A and 6A Cross Country Teams from all six high schools had a great run at the UIL State XC meets held at Old Settlers Park in Round Rock.
- High School Club Sport Recognition Guidelines March 4, 2021Purpose Leander ISD recognizes the desire of LISD high school students to participate in sports that are not sanctioned or endorsed by the Texas University Interscholastic League (UIL), and these guidelines outline the district’s position on high school club sports and their interaction with the district. Definition For the purpose of these guidelines, a Club […]
- Athletics: Concussion Protocols February 11, 2021Return to Play Protocol Leander ISD coaches and trainers prioritize safety above competition. This article details our protocols for student athletes experiencing a concussion. Notes for Parents & Guardians While the athlete is recovering and still having symptoms it is important to limit not only physical activity but mental activity. Cognitive Rest is the cornerstone to […]
- Athletics: Staph Infection Information February 11, 2021