- The Compass: Nov. 30, 2022 November 30, 2022We hope you enjoyed a restful break and time spent with family! This issue of The Compass includes * stand-out performances from high school marching bands; * cross country runners excelling at the state meet; * information on how to become a mentor and make a difference in #1LISD; * and much, much more.
- Student-Athlete of the Week: Nov. 28, 2022 November 28, 2022Seventh grader Andy Salazar from Leander Middle School is the Leander ISD Student-Athlete of the Week. Andy is a member of the Tiger football and basketball teams. He plans to run track and play soccer this spring. “Andy is a great leader and teammate on the field and in the classroom,” LMS Boys Athletic Coordinator […]
- Student-Athlete of the Week: Nov. 14, 2022 November 14, 2022Teagan Bourland from Henry Middle School is the Leander ISD Student-Athlete of the Week. Teagan is a seventh grade member of the Lady Hawk cross country, volleyball and basketball teams and also plans on running track in the spring. She placed second overall at the district cross country meet. HMS Girls Athletic Coordinator Pete Hunt […]
- High School Club Sport Recognition Guidelines March 4, 2021Purpose Leander ISD recognizes the desire of LISD high school students to participate in sports that are not sanctioned or endorsed by the Texas University Interscholastic League (UIL), and these guidelines outline the district’s position on high school club sports and their interaction with the district. Definition For the purpose of these guidelines, a Club […]
- Athletics: Concussion Protocols February 11, 2021Return to Play Protocol Leander ISD coaches and trainers prioritize safety above competition. This article details our protocols for student athletes experiencing a concussion. Notes for Parents & Guardians While the athlete is recovering and still having symptoms it is important to limit not only physical activity but mental activity. Cognitive Rest is the cornerstone to […]
- Athletics: Staph Infection Information February 11, 2021