We want to partner with our media outlets to inform our community and tell the stories of Leander ISD schools, students, teachers and staff.
Our School & Community Relations team is the official media relations department for Leander ISD. That team includes Chief Communications Officer Corey Ryan, Communications Coordinator Matt Mitchell and Marketing Specialist Rachel Acosta.
Members of the Media
If you are a reporter, producer, editor, or news director who regularly works with Leander ISD, please join our Remind group to:
- send questions (only seen by LISD media relations liaisons),
- get updates during ongoing situations, and
- connect for story ideas.
As we work remotely and throughout our 200-mile square district, Remind allows us to be responsive.
How to Remind
- Board Policies
- Board Meeting Agendas
- Demographic Report
- Knowledge Base
- Multimedia Website – Download High-Resolution Photos and Videos
- News Website
- Podcasts (Spotify, Apple, Google)
- Student Code of Conduct
- April 2, 2020 – Technology Distribution, Remote Learning Update
- April 1, 2020 – Board Approves Temporary Policy Change for GPA, Class Rank
- March 31, 2020 – Media Relations Launches Remind Class for Media
Freedom of Information Act
We work diligently to give media members information for news coverage. If information is not readily available or if we are unsure a responsive record exists, we require media to enter an open record request through email@example.com.