Leander ISD does not allow for-profit businesses to distribute paper flyers to students. (This includes flyers/promotional materials in Wednesday Folders.) The district prohibits for-profit businesses from displaying flyers within campus hallways.
All flyers, posters and other promotional materials from approved boosters, PTAs, student clubs and other school/district-approved departments and programs should be approved by a campus designee and/or LISD designee and should include a disclaimer at the bottom that states it has been reviewed and approved.
ONLY non-profit organizations are approved for electronic flyer distribution through the Peachjar system.
The Peachjar system manages electronic flyer distribution on behalf of Leander ISD as a resource for our parents to stay more connected to both our internal support organizations (like PTA and Booster Clubs) and to approved non-profit community partners.
The Peachjar e-flyer service is provided as an opportunity for non-profit organizations to share information that is beneficial to LISD parents and students and is not a source of advertising revenue for the district. (For-profit vendors will be denied approval for district-wide distribution of their products/services.)
Flyer approval does not constitute an endorsement. Approval simply means the material has been reviewed and meets the guidelines for district-wide electronic distribution. LISD administration reserves the right to rescind approval to any organization or person if a complaint is received or the organization or person is found to be in violation of instructions.
E-Flyer Guidelines and Policies
General guidelines for flyer approval are as follows:
- All flyers to be posted through the Peachjar system are approved through the School and Community Relations (SCR) office.
- All flyers must be submitted in a PDF format. All other formats will not be accepted. Please keep file size under 2 MG.
- Submission of flyers in both English AND Spanish are highly encouraged.
- Flyers must be from non-profit, non-commercial community organizations or approved internal LISD schools, clubs and/or organizations.
- External non-profit community organizations should submit their flyers for consideration through the Peachjar website and may incur a fee for distribution. (Follow the instructions on the Peachjar site under the Community Orgs tab.)
- Flyer content must not advocate a religious or a political viewpoint.
- In granting approval, the Superintendent or designee shall reject any flyers or materials that are reasonably foreseeable to be disruptive, libelous, obscene, inflammatory, sexually or otherwise inappropriate for the age of the audience, that are inconsistent with the Ten Ethical Principles, that advertise alcohol or tobacco products, or that endorse actions endangering the health or safety of students and/or staff.
- Events charging a fee for participation are discouraged. Exceptions to this are events, classes or camps being sponsored by an agency with which the district has a partnership. Sample agencies include, but are not limited to: City of Cedar Park, City of Leander, Chamber of Commerce, City Parks & Recreation, Boy Scouts of America and Girl Scouts of America. • Curriculum-based events such as essay contests, poster contests, “thons,” Earth Day, Arbor Day, etc. need a commitment from a school that they intend to participate. After participation in such events is established, flyers must be approved through SCR through submission to [email protected].
- All for-profit vendors will be denied approval for district-wide distribution of their products/services.
- District/school fundraising activities need a commitment from a sponsoring school’s PTA, Booster Club or campus administrator. Flyers must CLEARLY STATE that the fundraising activity has been approved by LISD and is being offered through the specific sponsor. (Ex: This Spirit Night Fundraiser with My Favorite Restaurant is being offered by Deer Creek PTA and has been approved by LISD.)
- Advertisements for fee-based services, such as private tutoring, music lessons, etc. are prohibited. Fee-based, private sports/arts/academic camps will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Flyers promoting classes, camps or activities that are competing against LISD sponsored or supported activities and programs (such as After-School Enrichment, Athletics Camps and other district approved activities and programs) will not be distributed as they would be considered “competing against” the district (see board policy GKD Local, under Standards for Approval).
- All flyers submitted for consideration by a community non-profit organization should include a non-profit disclaimer somewhere on the flyer, along with an active website address for additional information.
- Non-profit community organizations that submit flyers for consideration via the Peachjar website must keep a current IRS Determination Letter on their Peachjar account for additional reference.
- Flyer approval does not constitute an endorsement. Approval simply means the material has been reviewed and meets the guidelines for district-wide electronic distribution. LISD administration reserves the right to rescind approval to any organization or person if a complaint is received or the organization or person is found to be in violation of instructions.
- Since public school policies are subject to change due to legislative action and other outside influences, LISD reserves the right to terminate any flyer postings that conflict with the district policy or legislation.
For additional information on Board Policies that apply to materials distributed through this service, refer to the following online documents:
Paper flyers are not permitted for district-wide distribution, which includes flyers in Wednesday Folders and general distribution to students or in campus hallways. Per LISD exclusive agreement with Peachjar, the distribution of flyers and other marketing materials – whether electronic or paper – should go through Peachjar.
At principal’s discretion, approved paper flyer distribution (via Wednesday Folders, hallway postings, etc.) is permitted, BUT ONLY AFTER electronic distribution through Peachjar has been processed. For a fee, non-profit organizations outside of the district/school may submit flyers for review and electronic distribution/email through the Peachjar system ONLY.)
How to Submit an E-Flyer (External Organization)?
Flyers submitted from for-profit businesses will not be approved. IRS Determination Letters are required for nonprofit approvals and must be current on your Peachjar account.
The Peachjar system manages electronic flyer (e-flyer) distribution on behalf of LISD using electronic communication technology. Once your e-flyer is posted to a school’s Peachjar site, parents can view your e-flyer through the Peachjar logo on the school’s website. Additionally, your e-flyer will be delivered to all parents’ emails as an embedded image, not a link. This means parents will immediately see your e-flyer and be able to click through to your website to sign-up or view additional information. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver flyers to each school. (* Additionally, LISD guidelines do not permit paper flyer distribution to schools. So, please do not drop off paper copies to schools.)
To post an e-flyer, register at www.peachjar.com, and select your desired school(s). Your e-flyer is then automatically submitted to the district for approval. Once approved, your e-flyer will be delivered to parents and posted online.
The following items are reviewed on e-flyer submissions and approvals:
- All flyers submitted for consideration should include a non-profit disclaimer somewhere on the flyer.
- Non-profit organizations must keep a current IRS Determination Letter on their Peachjar account for additional reference. Flyers from organizations without a current IRS Determination Letter will not be approved.
- Flyer content should be specific to the non-profit organization submitting the flyer and should not include unrelated business, activities or events, nor promote for-profit business/commerce.
Out of courtesy to our parents and their inboxes, one day each week has been set aside for electronic distribution of all e-flyers. (*Exceptions may be made to adjust for holidays and district office closures or as required by district staff.) E-flyer submissions for consideration must be uploaded in the Peachjar system prior to 4 p.m. on Monday. E-flyers received AFTER 4 p.m. on Monday are not guaranteed consideration until the following week. E-flyer posting to email can take up to 24-48 hours. Please take this into consideration when submitting your e-flyers.
Peachjar is an innovative way to deliver e-flyers directly to parents’ inboxes. E-flyers are also posted online so parents can easily find, view and share. With Peachjar, you can maximize exposure for your activity, program or event while helping schools save time, money and lots of trees! Peachjar service fees are for organizations outside of schools with participation fees. Peachjar offers free postings for schools, parent organizations and community organizations with no participation fees or enticements. Visit Peachjar for full details on Service Fees and Credits. For more information on who pays a service fee, please view the Peachjar policies page. Leander ISD does not generate revenue from Peachjar service fees and does not approve flyers from for-profit businesses. For more information, visit the Peachjar website email specific questions about posting flyers in LISD to [email protected].
How to Submit an E-Flyer (Schools, District Programs/Departments, PTAs, Student Organizations, Booster Clubs)?
Through the Peachjar system, SCR manages flyer distribution for internal flyer uploads, using electronic communication technology. Once an approved “e-flyer” is posted to a school’s Peachjar site, parents can view the e-flyer through the Peachjar logo on the school’s website. Additionally, e-flyers will be delivered to all parent emails (that are active in the LISD School Messenger system) as an embedded image, not a link. This means parents will immediately see the e-flyer and be able to click through to a website for additional information.
LISD campus administrators, district program directors, approved student/booster clubs, PTA/PTOs and other district approved/sponsored programs are exempt from Peachjar service fees. To post an e-flyer AT NO CHARGE through the Peachjar system, please follow these instructions
- All submitted e-flyers must receive appropriate approvals prior to submission. Fundraisers must have an approved PTA/Booster Fund Raising Permission Request on file with LISD. Please attach this approved form to your email when submitting your e-flyer. E-flyers promoting a fundraiser will not be approved without it!
- All e-flyers MUST HAVE a clear and visible disclaimer. The disclaimer needs to include WHO is sponsoring the event/activity, language if the organization is NOT part of the school (like PTA and approved booster clubs) and that the e-flyer has been approved. (Additional disclaimers pertaining to content and endorsements are already included at the bottom of each Peachjar e-flyer email.)
- For example
- Henry Middle School Open House is coordinated through HMS administration. This flyer has been approved by HMS.
- The Family Fun Run is sponsored by Leander High School Football Booster Club and is not part of LHS or LISD. This flyer has been approved by LHS and LISD.
- For example
- Email your ONE PAGE e-flyer (in PDF format ONLY, following all of the above guidelines) to [email protected] for SCR approval and uploading. Please limit file size to 2 MG.
- Please note in your email which LISD campuses you are seeking approval for distribution with. SCR reserves the right to limit district-wide distribution.
- For example
- Send e-flyer to VHS only.
- Send e-flyer to LHS and ALL FEEDERS. (We will not “de-select” campuses when sending to all feeders.)
- Send e-flyer to HMS and ALL FEEDERS.
- For example
- Submission of e-flyers in both English and Spanish are encouraged, but not required.
Out of courtesy to our parents and their inboxes, one day each week has been set aside for electronic distribution of all e-flyers. (*Exceptions may be made to adjust for holidays and district office closures or as required by district staff.)
E-flyer submissions for consideration must be emailed to [email protected] prior to 4 p.m. on Friday. E-flyers received AFTER 4 p.m. on Friday are not guaranteed consideration until the following Friday. If changes are needed to your submission in order to comply with requirements, approval may be delayed. E-flyer posting to email can take up to 24-48 hours. Please take this into consideration when submitting your e-flyer. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
- Is the flyer promoting a fundraiser?
- If yes…
- Have you attached your approved district fundraising permission request form? ALL fundraisers need to have an approved form on file with LISD, whether or not you submit an e-flyer for Peachjar distribution.
- Is there contact information included on the flyer, in case someone has a question? (ie: an email address or website)
- If no…
- Has your campus front office reviewed and approved the content of what you are sending out to school parents? (Your required disclaimer will say they HAVE, so please be sure someone at the campus – your sponsor or front office designee – has approved the flyer to be distributed.)
- If yes…
- Does title of the flyer include SPECIFICALLY WHO is sponsoring/coordinating the activity/event?
- CORRECT: CPHS Choir Boosters presents…The Winter Choir Festival
- CORRECT: STEINER RANCH ES FALL CARNIVAL, coordinated by SRE PTA INCOMPLETE: Little Lions Spring Clinic Fundraiser
- Does the flyer contain the required disclaimer? (See samples above.)
- Does the flyer have the correct website?
- If audited, is the website in compliance with LISD? (See your booster/PTA guidelines for specifics.)
- If sponsors are visible on the flyer, are they in compliance with Board Policy on Advertising? (Specifically, no alcohol, tobacco, firearms, religious or political organizations?)
- If appropriate, are you using the correct and approved logo/mascot for your campus/program?
- Do you have the correct date and times listed? (We won’t check that for accuracy! But this is a good thing to review prior!)