Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 176
Leander Independent School District maintains a public internet list of local government officers and disclosure statements covering conflicts of interest.
Any individual or business entity that contracts or seeks to contract for the sale or purchase of property, goods, or services with Leander ISD must file a Conflict of Interest Questionnaire with the LISD Purchasing Office in accordance with Texas Local Government Code Chapter 176, no later than the 7th business day after the recipient becomes aware of facts that require filing.
Disclosure is required if:
- the person has employment or other business relationship with the local government officer or a family member resulting in the officer or family member receiving taxable income more than $2,500; or
- the person has given the local government officer or family member one or more gifts (excluding food, lodging, transportation, and entertainment) that have an aggregate value of more than $100 in the twelve month period preceding the date the officer becomes aware of an executed contract or consideration of the person for a contract to do business with the district; or
- the person has a family relationship with a local government officer that is either 3rd degree of consanguinity (blood) or 2nd degree of affinity (marriage).
Statements must be filed within 7 business days after the officer becomes aware a conflict of interest exists.
Officers of the Leander Independent School District are:
- Bruce Gearing, Ed.D., Superintendent
- Trish Bode, President
- Gloria Gonzales-Dholakia, Ph.D., Vice President
- Elexis Grimes, Secretary
- Sade Fashokun
- Aaron Johnson
- Christine Mauer
- Anna Smith
- Any agent/employee who exercises discretion in the planning, recommending, selection or contracting of a vendor.
The Texas Ethics Commission owns the form and necessary revisions, and the vendor is responsible for obtaining the latest form. For your convenience, we have provided a link to the Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (Form CIQ). Please complete, email to [email protected] or mail to:
Leander Independent School District
204 W. South Street, Portable A
Leander, TX 78646
For further information, call 512-570-0613.
Conflict of Interest Questionnaire Submissions
Local Government Officer Conflict Disclosure Statements
This is the notice to the appropriate local governmental entity that the following local government officer has become aware of facts that require the officer to file this statement in accordance with Chapter 176, Local Government Code.