Leander ISD students have First Amendment rights and may exercise those rights in a peaceful, non-disruptive manner at our school activities. This includes taking a knee or choosing not to participate during the national anthem...Read More
Overview Occasionally, controversial political issues, elections, and/or religious and social issues bleed over into the classroom/campus, creating a distraction to the learning environment. PLEASE NOTE that this document is not...Read More
- Board Briefs: August 4, 2022 August 5, 2022During it's Aug. 4 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees discussed COVID protocols, staffing, campus safety, Early College High School, and school finance.
- Dates Set for Class of 2023 Graduation August 5, 2022Leander ISD will salute the graduating Class of 2023 at the HEB Center on May 26 and 27.
- Early College High School opens as newest School of Choice in LISD August 4, 2022Early College High School (ECHS) joins New Hope High School and the Virtual Learning Academy as the newest School of Choice offering in Leander ISD. The school is an open enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn an associate’s degree (up to 60 hours or two years of college […]
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]