The Board of Trustees approves school locations prior to construction based on demographic projections. As of right now, Elementary School #32 is proposed to be located in the west part of the district in the Travisso neighborhood [map]. Based on enrollment projections, the school is scheduled to welcome its first class of students in the 2027–28 school year.
- Spring 2024
Work on this project will begin with the Design phase.
- August 2023
At the Aug. 24, 2023 Board meeting, Trustees approved the architect and construction manager.
Start: Spring 2024 (Start of Design phase)
Finish: Fall 2027 (Dependent on enrollment projections)
Estimated Project Budget
Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) *
GMP(s) will come later in the process and go before the LISD Board for approval.
* GMPs cover construction costs only. The total project cost will incorporate design and permitting fees, along with furniture, fixtures and equipment. Additional GMPs are possible.
Note: The actual cost will be listed here upon project completion. Any money leftover from the budget goes into project savings, managed by the Bond Oversight Committee.
- Architect: Pfluger Architects
- Construction: American Constructors
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing: MEP Engineering
- Structural: Pickett, Kelm & Associates
- Civil: AtkinsRéalis