The Board of Trustees approves school locations prior to construction based on demographic projections. As of right now, Elementary School #31 is proposed to be located near the intersection of FM 2243 and CR 175 in Leander [map]. Based on enrollment projections, the school is scheduled to welcome its first class of students in the 2025–26 school year. When it opens, it will provide enrollment relief to Parkside and Tarvin elementary schools.
- November 2023
At the Nov. 9, 2023 Board meeting, Trustees approved Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) #1 for Elementary #31. GMP #1, in the amount of $2,024,553, funded mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and the thin brick veneer cast into the tilt wall panels.
On Nov. 3, 2023, the district acquired the land for the school.
- August 2023
At the Aug. 24, 2023 Board meeting, Trustees approved the architect and construction manager.
Start: Summer 2023 (Start of Design phase)
Finish: Fall 2025 (Estimated based on enrollment projections)
Estimated Project Budget
Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) *
- GMP #1: $2,024,553
Approved at Nov. 9, 2023 Board Meeting
* GMPs cover construction costs only. The total project cost will incorporate design and permitting fees, along with furniture, fixtures and equipment. Additional GMPs are possible.
Note: The actual cost will be listed here upon project completion. Any money leftover from the budget goes into project savings, managed by the Bond Oversight Committee.
- Architect: O’Connell Robertson
- Construction: Joeris General Constructors
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing: MEP Engineering
- Structural: Pickett, Kelm & Associates
- Civil: AtkinsRéalis