School Modernization & Roof Repairs
Built in 1998, Cedar Park HS fits the district’s category of a school exceeding 20 years of age and in need of a modernization.
Modernization of an existing facility involves the replacement of major building sub-systems including but not limited to roofing, elevators, air conditioning, lighting, electrical, plumbing, fire protection systems, built-in specialties and equipment, interior finishes and all furnishings that are at the end of the expected service life. Roof repairs will take place in specific sections across the campus to address leaks.
CPHS received additions and renovations to the arts and athletics area from our major maintenance fund in 2018. The school also received funding in the 2017 bond to add science classrooms for equity to the other schools.
- The plan is to start construction at the end of May, after school lets out for the summer. During the Construction phase, portables will be added to the campus to allow for work to continue throughout the 2024–25 and 2025–26 school years.
- The design team is working to finalize construction documents.
- October 2023
At the Oct. 26, 2023 Board meeting, Trustees approved Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) #1 for the Cedar Park High School & South PAC modernization project. GMP #1, in the amount of $10,918,545, funded equipment, services or materials that must be secured well in advance and early project startup needs.
- August 2023
At the Aug. 24, 2023 Board meeting, Trustees approved the architect and construction manager.
- June 2023
Design phase started in full.
- July 2022
At the July 21, 2022 Board meeting, Trustees approved Bond Oversight Committee’s recommendation to fund the design of the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system through bond savings.
Start: Summer 2024 (Start of Construction phase)
Finish: Summer 2026
Project savings from the 2007 & 2017 bonds
Estimated Project Budget
This project’s budget has been combined with the South PAC Modernization occurring at the same location.
CPHS Modernization: $44,613,148
CPHS Roof Repair: $123,503
South Performing Arts Center: $6,835,000
Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) *
- GMP #1: $10,918,545
Approved at Oct. 26, 2023 Board Meeting
* GMPs cover construction costs only. The total project cost will incorporate design and permitting fees, along with furniture, fixtures and equipment. Additional GMPs are possible.
Note: The actual cost will be listed here upon project completion. Any money leftover from the budget goes into project savings, managed by the Bond Oversight Committee.
- Architect: MEP Engineering
- Construction: Bartlett Cocke General Contractors
- Engineer: MEP Engineering