The Aspiring Administrator Academy is designed for current Leander ISD staff committed to developing their leadership skills in preparation of becoming an Assistant Principal. Participants must attend the monthly academy meetings focused on leadership development skills as aligned to the Leander Leadership Profile. Participants will engage in learning outside of the monthly academy meetings including, an action research project and implementing campus professional learning. Upon completion of this program, participants will participate in a mock interview in preparation for potential interview opportunities. Participants are not guaranteed a position as an administrator in Leander ISD, however, the goal of the academy is to develop campus leaders within our system.
Applications will open July 28, 2021, and remain open through Aug. 11, 2021.
- To increase leadership capacity throughout the district by developing a cohort of school leaders who are prepared to successfully transition into the assistant principal role
- To teach participants to lead diverse campuses and positively impact student growth as an assistant principal in Leander ISD
- To facilitate professional growth for participants that positively impacts current and future leadership roles within the district
- Application window for Aspiring Administrator Academy cohort will open July 28, 2021, and remain open through Aug. 11, 2021; Interested applicants should apply through Leander ISD Job Posting site
- Candidate must submit a recommendation form completed by current campus principal (recommendation form will be sent through the application process when applying)
- Applications will be screened by a committee comprised of district and campus leaders
- Selected applicants will receive an invitation to complete a HireVue video interview
- Candidates selected for the Aspiring Administrator Academy cohort will be announced after Labor Day
- Current Leander ISD employee
- Completed a minimum of 3 years of classroom teaching experience
- Have or will have a Principal Certification in Texas by May of current academic year
- Intend to actively seek an Assistant Principal position at the end of the program cohort year
- Previous Aspiring Administrator Academy members are not eligible to apply
- Face-to-face professional learning with Leander ISD district and campus leaders
- Online learning component through Google classroom
- Seven, three-hour sessions throughout the year; sessions will take place after school from 4:30–7:30 p.m.
- Candidate will complete an action research project
John Graham, Assistant Superintendent of Campus Activities & Support