Students enrolled in CTE courses are encouraged to join and participate in their respective Career & Technical Student Organizations (CTSO). CTSOs provide students the opportunity to apply their CTE curriculum in competitive...Read More
COOL Experiences Career exploration opportunities for students and teachers. Career Development Career preparation opportunities Coming Soon School-Based Enterprise Student-provided services Coming Soon Uncharted Learning...Read More
Want to stay up to date on the latest with your campus CTE programs? Follow us on social media to get the latest news and updates. CTE Social Media Accounts Employee Handbook Electronic Guidelines: Personal Use, Page 69 Tweets...Read More
Leander ISD offers experiences students can take at the elementary school level to explore college and career learning opportunities. freshINCedu The freshINCedu program provides a way for elementary students to be exposed to –...Read More
A doctor? An engineer? A plumber? Not knowing what your plans are after completing high school can be a frightening experience. Luckily, there are many free sites that can help you decide on a career based on your interests and...Read More
- LISD Teams Compete at DI Globals; VHS Team 1 Wins Engineering Challenge August 15, 2022Vandegrift High School Destination Imagination (DI) Team 1 placed first in their category – the “Roll With It” engineering challenge – at the 2022 DI Global Competition in Kansas City at the end of May. Vandegrift HS DI Team 1 was one of six LISD teams to compete in the DI Global Finals. Their challenge […]
- Laces for Leander Holds Annual Shoe Drive for LISD Students August 12, 2022On Aug. 3, teams from four Leander ISD football teams participated in a competition to "Stuff the Truck" at Toyota Cedar Park.
- The Compass: Aug. 10, 2022 Back-To-School Edition August 10, 2022As we wind down the summer, we are looking forward to having our students back in school! Here are some important things for you to know as we lean into the new year.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Special Programs: Handbook November 5, 2021Vision Watch on YouTube Index The Special Programs and Services Handbook serves as a resource to families, teachers, and students who qualify for services, as well as the general public, to better understand the opportunities we provide. Special Programs Process Resources Roles & Responsibilities Click on the graphic below to see the details for each […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]