Who are our HEROES?
Caring adults who have a Heart for Encouraging, Respect, Optimism, Enthusiasm and Self-confidence with our students while providing guidance and support to cultivate personal, social and academic development. These everyday people — parents, community members, business professionals —are just like you! A child is waiting for you to become their hero…
Who Is In the Program?
Students participating in the program come from different backgrounds, have a variety of interests, and a wide range of ages. They may need help with academic achievement, character development, problem-solving skills, improving self-esteem, relationships with adults and peers, and school attendance. A teacher, counselor, or parent can recommend students for the program, or a student may ask for a mentor. We must have parent permission in order for a student to participate in the program.
How can I become a HEROES mentor?
- Register with this link to attend one of the upcoming mentor training sessions.
Do you have a student who would benefit from a HEROES mentor?
- Complete the Parent Permission Form – English | Parent Permission Form – Spanish
- Return completed form to the campus counselor
- Counselor will match the student with a mentor within the following two weeks.
- 100 Fun Things to do With Your Mentee
- 40 Developmental Assets
- Asset Building Ideas
- Mentor FAQ
- Role of a Mentor
- Qualities of an Effective Mentor
- Building Self-Esteem
- Developmental Stages
- Ice-breaking Questions
Contact Shannon Lombardo