All Texas school districts are entitled, under the Texas Constitution, to receive a designated amount from the state of Texas’ Permanent School Fund. ASF distributions go toward a district’s Tier 1 Entitlement and...Read More
Tooltip Categories: Smart Money
- Board Briefs: May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022During its May 19 meeting, the Leander ISD Board of Trustees approved a compensation plan, approved a petition to annex a section of the Larkspur subdivision, and started to prepare for the next legislative session. All of this plus celebrations around Student Empowerment!
- LISD Board Approves 5% Increase to Teacher Salaries, 4% for All Others May 20, 2022The Leander ISD Board of Trustees approved a compensation plan for the 2022–23 school year that provides teachers, nurses and counselors with a 5-percent-of-midpoint pay increase and a 4-percent-of-midpoint pay increase for all other staff. The full raise will take effect in employees’ first 2022–23 paycheck. “Taking care of Leander ISD’s amazing teachers and staff […]
- Board Considers Legislative Priorities and Resolutions May 20, 2022With their role as advocates in mind, the Board has started preparing for the 88th Texas Legislative Session in 2023.
- Early College High School January 20, 2022The Early College HS initiative is an open-enrollment program that blends college and high school coursework, enabling students to earn up to two years of college credit (60 hours), tuition-free, while enrolled in high school. Application Applicants must be current LISD 8th-grade students in good standing to be advanced to the 9th grade. The ECHS […]
- Universal Screener October 21, 2021In Leander ISD, we use a universal screener, such as MAP Growth and Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP), to determine what the student knows and is ready to learn next. Throughout September 2021, students in kindergarten through 8th grade were administered the first baseline assessment. The assessment information will support teachers in knowing the instructional […]
- English Language Arts: Middle & High School Instructional Materials September 14, 2021The purpose of this site is to offer transparency for our Leander ISD community regarding the instructional materials utilized in Secondary ELA classrooms. What Grows Readers? Reading Wellness: The act of building the dispositions, attitudes and skills of reading so that we are all our best reading selves, empowered to think, act, and find joy […]