Virtual Empowered Learning provides a balance of both live, face-to-face interactions with educators and fellow students along with self-paced learning activities, projects, and assignments based on the LISD curriculum, aligned to state standards. A numerical grading system measuring student mastery of content and standards will be utilized. At the high school level, grades will be calculated into GPA. Teachers will utilize a common, consistent instructional delivery system that will reduce email traffic to parents, and enable students to access their coursework independently.
- COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19: Health
- COVID-19: Health Response Handbook
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Launch to Learning: 2020-21 School Year
- Launch to Learning: Phase-in Reopening Plan
- Launch to Learning: Secondary Schools
- Launch to Learning: Special Programs Guide
- Launch to Learning: Teaching & Learning Guide
- Virtual Empowered Learning
- Virtual Empowered Learning: Mindfulness & Wellness March 2, 2021Tips & Resources
- Guía de Programas Especiales-Con Miras al Aprendizaje 2020-2021 September 25, 2020INTRODUCCIÓN RECOMENDACIONES PARA LAS REUNIONES DE SERVICIOS PROTOCOLOS PARA INTERACCIÓN CARA A CARA APRENDIZAJE VIRTUAL EMPODERADO AL 100% PROGRAMACIÓN EDUCATIVA/EXPECTATIVAS DOCUMENTACIÓN DE SERVICIOS SUPERVISIÓN DE PROGRESO SERVICIOS EDUCATIVOS Y RELACIONADOS GUÍAS DE EVALUACIÓN SERVICIOS EN EL HOGAR (Homebound), IMPEDIMENTOS VISUALES/ SORDERA Y BAJA AUDICIÓN (VI/DHH) Y ENTRENAMIENTO EN CASA ADDITIONAL LAUNCH TO LEARNING 2020-21 GUIDANCE
- Launch to Learning: Phase-in Reopening Plan August 21, 2020The Board of Trustees approved a waiver from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to extend virtual learning until Oct. 5, allowing the district to phase-in students starting Sept. 8. Under TEA guidelines, districts can start the year virtually for four weeks, plus an additional four weeks with Board approval. These guidelines are how the district […]
- YMCA Welcomes All In-Person Learners, Oct. 5 September 30, 2020YMCA after-school care will begin on Tuesday, Sept. 8 for students attending Phase 1, in-person learning.
- Launch to Learning 2020-21: Update #18 September 23, 2020In-person learning Phase 3 – Sept. 28 Phase 3 will include 3rd, 8th, and 11th grade students selecting in-person learning. All students who selected in-person learning can return Oct. 5. While the district continues to closely watch COVID-19, Leander ISD Superintendent Bruce Gearing, Ed.D. shares how we’re moving forward with phasing-in our third group of […]
- Update on Zoom Upgrade September 21, 2020In an effort to increase digital security during classroom meetings, Leander ISD is moving to a Zoom licensed account.