After the rough-and-tumble year of the global pandemic, we know regular and active listening to our community is essential to the success of our schools. We are better together, working towards a common purpose of continuous improvement and strong relationships between families and our #1LISD.
During our Listening Leaders sessions, members of our Board of Trustees and Superintendent’s Cabinet meet in small groups to listen and take notes, which can cover any topic related to our schools and district. After our meetings, we will combine notes and report back to our community what we heard, learned, and what next steps we will take to address these concerns.
We will host these sessions bi-monthly. We will announce dates for the 2021-22 school year soon.
Please look through our Listening Leader sessions and click to view the reports.
July 29, 2021
We will be hosting our second Listening Leaders session on July 29. Do you have a specific topic(s) you want our team to address?
Topic Specific Sessions:
- Health and Safety Procedures, (10 – 10:45 a.m.);
- Curriculum, (11 – 11:45 a.m.); and
- Early Release Days and School Schedules, (2 – 2:45 p.m.)
This report details how we selected these topics.
June 2, 2021
We hosted our first Listening Leaders session on June 2, 2021, via Zoom. We asked the following standard questions and allowed attendees to bring topics and questions as well.
- What is important to you when it comes to the 2021-22 school year? How should we best use resources to support student learning after the pandemic?
- What worked well for you this past school year? What do we need to do better?
Presented at the June 17, 2021 Board of Trustees meeting.