Technology support is available to both students and staff during the suspension of normal school operations. In addition to Technology Support contact information, we have included details regarding how to access tools to help you collaborate with the technology support staff. At the bottom of this page there are links for staff on using Zoom and Google Meet Hangouts. We have also provided answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Even though it’s not our typical procedure, students should also request technology support using the outlined process below during this time.
Before Contacting Tech Support
There are some important steps you can take before seeking support.
- Restart your computer. If the issue still exist and is not password-related, seek technical support.
- If you are not able to log in to the computer, email, or applications; reset your password.
Computers/Devices Support – Students or Staff
As we support students and staff across Leander ISD, we have members of our technology team ready to support you. Contact them at:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I access my applications and files?
To access files or software applications; please log in to the Leander LaunchPad using your Leander ISD username and password. Please do not use the Log in with Google feature.
Students log in with the first 8 letters of the last name and student ID or lunch number.
- Username: Last Name (First 8 letters)_Student ID# Ex. Smith_945682 or Rodrigue_546333
***Note: Make sure to use a capital letter for the first letter of the username. ***
- Password: Birthdate (YYYYMMDD) EX: Jan. 12, 2012 would be: 20140112
- If the software application is not visible, click on the plus sign next to Classlink in the top left corner to add more applications.
- Click on My Files on the bottom of the page to access network documents that you would normally find on your computer. (Desktop files will not be included.)
- In the left pane, click on the arrow next to School Network to see your various drives. (G:/, L:/, U:/,K:/,etc.)
Note: To access the G:/ Drive, open the folder and navigate to your specific campus folder. For example, Akin is AK; Four Points is FM; Vista Ridge is VH, etc.
Verifying YouTube Video Availability
Unblock Education YouTube Video for Student Viewing
- Navigate to the video that you want to Unblock
- Copy the entire web address
- Go to your campus home page
- Scroll to the bottom of the home page
- Click on the Staff icon
- Click on the YouTube Whitelist Request Form link
- Fill out form
- Click Submit
Unblock or Block Non-YouTube Video
- Visit the Service Manager site
- Log in with your computer username and password
- On the left side, click on Network and Internet
- Click on Website Review Request
- Fill out form
- Click Submit
How can students get access to free internet in the Leander ISD area?
A few Internet Service Providers (ISP) are providing free, trial internet to homes who may not have access.
Comcast is offering:
- Sixty (60) days of free Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
- For new customers, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com (website includes written and video chat customer service options) or by calling 1-855-846-8376 (English) or 1-855-765-6995 (Spanish).
Spectrum is offering:
- Sixty (60) days free broadband and Wi-Fi access for households with K-12 and/or college students who don’t already have a Spectrum broadband subscription.
- No installation fees for new households.
- Enroll by calling 1-844-488-8395.
Suddenlink (operated by Altice Advantage) is offering:
- Sixty (60) days of free internet to any household in its service area that has a K-12 and/or college student.
- Call 888-633-0030 or learn more at AlticeAdvantageInternet.com.
Please note that Leander ISD is not affiliated with these businesses and does not directly support these products.